Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #21
Smyers

Lion Energy is a good Consideration Also
Smyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #22
Wenwanderer

Battle Born Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEA View Post
I'm considering switching to Lithium Ion batteries. I have been looking at two brands, Battle Born and ExpertPower. I want two 100ah or one 200ah.

The reviews on the Battle Born brand says that the case tends to be "brittle".

Any suggestions or recommendations from those of you who have switched to Lithium Ion batteries?

Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
We have several Battle Born Lithium Batteries. (kept in a secret location of course!). We've had them a year. Since then we never camp with hookups, as we don't need any electrical. We can run A/C for a couple of hours, make coffee in the morning with a regular coffeemaker. Make Ice with a countertop ice maker and watch tv well into the evening.

The battle borns have excellent customer service. (although we've never had an issue with them).

For us, and our style of camping they work great. But are probably expensive for the occasional camper, or anyone who mostly goes to RV Parks.
Wenwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:22 AM   #23
SCGatl

I have 2 of the Renogy batteries, but should have gone with the Battle Bornbecause you can use more than 2. Renogy is limited to 2. But the main reason I went with LiPo is because they can be used in an enclosed space since they don’t have fumes/out gas.
SCGatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:28 AM   #24
Firegod

If you want lithium check the current sale at Costco. I found them listed when searching for generators. I believe they were two 100ah Lions fit under $1350.00
Firegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #25
carln

I just installed a Lithionics 555AH battery with a Xantrex XC Pro Inverter/Charger. Granted, I spend some significant $$'s on the system, (probably more than I needed to), but I wouldn't go back to lead-acid batteries. Probably could have engineered something else with 6V or another battery technology, but given I am almost always boondocking (almost never hookup at a park), this system works for me. I am looking forward to adding some solar panels and leaving that heavy, loud and smelly generator at home.
carln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #26
BruceEA

Thanks to everyone. After reading your comments and spending the last 30+ hours on the computer researching, I'm going to go with the Battle Born batteries and probably a Xantrex inverter. I recently finished my solar installation, real easy and straight forward. Thanks again for all your input.
BruceEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #27
rauman84341

I know it wasn't part of the question but I really like my Lion Engery Lithium batteries. I paid $600 for them two years on their web sites lists them at $899 but you can get them cheaper. I bought the 100ah they sell a 105ah now. They have a lifetime warranty and are really good to answer any questions.
Lots of YouTube reviews:
https://lionenergy.com/collections/batteries
rauman84341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #28
McRod

Quote:
I'm considering switching to Lithium Ion batteries. I have been looking at two brands, Battle Born and ExpertPower. I want two 100ah or one 200ah.

Any suggestions or recommendations from those of you who have switched to Lithium Ion batteries?

Would you do it again?

I am not going to try to convince you otherwise, but here is a few more lithium options you may consider.

Renogy 170ah Lithium
Li-on Energy 105ah Lithium
SOK Lithium 100ah
BigBattery.com 3kwh Lithium (125ah)
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #29
mikec557

Quote:

Would you do it again?

I bought 2 BattleBorn 100ah batteries last year. I love them and have had no problems.

Here's a couple thoughts. I wanted 200 usable Ah and had no room for 400Ahs of lead acid batteries. Along with the idea of space for your batteries, is literally SPACE FOR THE BATTERIES. I just transferred my two BBs from a 5th wheel we sold to the tongue of our new to us travel trailer.

Let me tell you they just barely fit, or more precisely the two group 27 black plastic battery boxes I hide them in, barely fit the space on the tongue.

So my advice is this, look carefully at the space you intend to put your lithium batteries. Make sure the box you'll put them in will fit your space.

Yes I would buy lithium again. But if it were at all possible, I'd buy group size 24 if it came in 100Ah size.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote