Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
Benbill

Panic...What Have I Done?

We are set to leave in 11 days for our first big two month journey in our Montana 3930 FB, and I have apparently done something to screw up my electricity in the living area and kitchen.

Today I was doing some work in the camper on a cell phone booster install and it was about 97° outside, so I fired up my two Honda 2200 generators and was running both air conditioners just fine. Suddenly the two generators started surging and then settled back down fairly quickly. Then I was messing with the air conditioner controls to see if I turned the fan on high if that would boost any additional airflow. Of course, it didn’t, but then I noticed that the TV and cell booster had shut off as well as a 120 V portable fan. Then I shut everything off including the air conditioners and generators.

I have tried everything I know to do or look for in order to get the power restored to the living area and kitchen. This is what I have done:

- Switched back to power directly from our house.
- Reset the breaker on the inverter in the basement.
- Checked all the breakers.
- Looked at the bus fuses.

What in the heck have I possibly done? All suggestions and help are welcome. Thank you in advance.
Benbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #2
travelin texans

GFCI plug in the bathroom or kitchen possibly tripped.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
Benbill

Great thought. Before I wrote my panic memo I checked the GFI in the half bath, but I have yet to be able to locate a GFI plug in the kitchen. Does anyone know where that is located?
Old 08-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Running A/Cs with low fan in this weather will most likely cause them to ice up. That may be why you had reduced flow from ducts. May not be your problem but it's something we should remember.
QUOTE: vvvvvv
"Then I was messing with the air conditioner controls to see if I turned the fan on high if that would boost any additional airflow."
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
Benbill

Thank you for the AC tip.

I have always just had the thermostat for the air conditioner being set to the default for the fan which is Auto, so you are suggesting that I should actually set the Fan to HIGH when there are high temperatures and high humidity?
Old 08-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbill View Post
Thank you for the AC tip.

I have always just had the thermostat for the air conditioner being set to the default for the fan which is Auto, so you are suggesting that I should actually set the Fan to HIGH when there are high temperatures and high humidity?
Yes, that has been my experience and in SW FL we know Hot and humid.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #7
rbrdriver

Did you ever fix your other power issues?
rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
Benbill

No, even worse! After getting frustrated I’m putting my tools away for two days I went back into the camper and found all of the outlets in question were once again working. You know what that means. Those little gremlins will creep up again someday when I least expect it. Very frustrating. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.