Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2020, 05:51 AM   #1
ZephyrBill

Black Tank Leak

I have a 2011 Keystone Avalanche that I'm living in full time. My black tank is made of ABS and a mobile service technician recently found a small pin size hole at the bottom of the tank. It appears that over the years, this spot was a low pressure point when the tank was full. I'm the 2nd owner ; just recently purchased it in January 2020.

After doing some research, I found a product called "Plasti-Mend Black " that is specifically made for ABS black tanks. Here is the URL for this product.......http://plasti-mend.com/cart/index.ph...&product_id=96 .

In addition to Plasti-Mend , i've seen another product that is primarily used for boats called " G/Flex 655 Epoxy " .

If anyone has used either of these products for a repair of an RV Black tank , i would love to hear from you with your comments.

As a friendly reminder ; I'm not looking for " replace your black tank " , type comments . I'm looking for someone who has experience repairing their black tank or have used these products.

Thank you
ZephyrBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:11 AM   #2
93stpd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrBill View Post
I have a 2011 Keystone Avalanche that I'm living in full time. My black tank is made of ABS and a mobile service technician recently found a small pin size hole at the bottom of the tank. It appears that over the years, this spot was a low pressure point when the tank was full. I'm the 2nd owner ; just recently purchased it in January 2020.

After doing some research, I found a product called "Plasti-Mend Black " that is specifically made for ABS black tanks. Here is the URL for this product.......http://plasti-mend.com/cart/index.ph...&product_id=96 .

In addition to Plasti-Mend , i've seen another product that is primarily used for boats called " G/Flex 655 Epoxy " .

If anyone has used either of these products for a repair of an RV Black tank , i would love to hear from you with your comments.

As a friendly reminder ; I'm not looking for " replace your black tank " , type comments . I'm looking for someone who has experience repairing their black tank or have used these products.

Thank you

My buddy had a crack in his ABS tank by the plumbing. He found that using ABS shavings and MEK to make a paste worked best. He was told the best repair was to try to use the same material as the tank. He took a Dremel and ground out an notch then filled it with that. Hasn’t had an issue with the repair. I’ll work on getting you more info on it.
93stpd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, leak, tank