Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
Eddie D

Spare Tires

Hello,
I purchased a 2008 Keystone Raptor which has 3 axles. It didn't come with any spare tires. Can anybody tell me the best place to get them without having to go directly to the dealer. Thanks,
Eddie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Are you looking for a local place or online? There are many places online that sell tire and wheel combo's. Recstuff, etrailer, easternmarine, just to name a few.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You can check internet sites like etrailer.com, Trekwood.com or local outlets like Discount Tire, Belle Tire or even WalMart. Walmart can special order wheels and tires either "in store" or you can order them online for delivery to the store.

If you bought a triple axle toy hauler with 3 axles, chances are very good that the tires may be "aging out" and may need replacement. Older trailers came with "bare minimum tire capacity" and as tires age, they lose some capacity, so they may be "tire bombs waiting to explode"... One member here just bought an older trailer, around 2008 or 2009 and it had the original tires on it. They had "aged out 2 times and were close to the third time....

Check the date of manufacture on each tire, check the load capacity and weigh your trailer "ready to travel" and make decisions based on facts, not on "best guesses"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
travelin texans

If wanting a matching spare check Tredit or LionsHead I believe are the supplier for Keystone.
Or take lug measurements & check the salvage yards for truck wheels with same bolt pattern. My 1st 5th wheel was an '02 Cedar Creek that 16" GM 6 lug wheels fit perfectly when I had 2 of the OEM wheels crack.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
Eddie D

Thanks for the information. I have tires that are 4 years old according to the manufacturing date stamped on the tires, I was just wanting to buy a couple of wheels and tires to have in case I have a blowout or two. I have looked at etrailer and will check the others that you have mentions. I appreciate your time.
Eddie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:36 AM   #6
Northofu1

Ummmm
I would seriously look into replacing them all. What make are the tires?
That way you can get the spare that matches. You will be good to go for at least the next 5 yrs. Waiting for a tire to blow to use a spare will cause more damage than what a complete set would cost, if not more. Prevent the inevitable.
Good luck

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
Ummmm
I would seriously look into replacing them all. What make are the tires?
That way you can get the spare that matches. You will be good to go for at least the next 5 yrs. Waiting for a tire to blow to use a spare will cause more damage than what a complete set would cost, if not more. Prevent the inevitable.
Good luck
I agree with Dan!
If the tires are 4 year old China bombs don't wait for the blowouts they could cause 1000s of dollars damage when they do. Replace ALL with a good tire with good reviews, Sailing, Carlisle, Maxxis, & go up a level or 2, Es to F or G, if your current wheels will allow the increase in pressures.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:01 AM   #8
LewisB

We previously owned a 2008 Raptor 3712TS with 3 axles. We carried one spare tire "just in case".

I strongly agree with prior responses on staying ahead of failures on your tires. In our case, I decided that it would not be possible for me to safely change the tires on the center axle, so we decided if we ever had a flat it would be a AAA project. This will probably expand the scope of the OP, but picture yourself on the side of I-10 laying on the ground trying to get a bottle jack under that center axle! If you bought your tires one year early, would it be worth the investment?

You are obviously trying to be prepared and think things through - that's a good thing to do. Picture all the typical tire failure scenarios and then decide which ones carry the most risk and potential cost. Keeping good tires and an operable TPMS may very well be a life saving activity! JMHO

PS: I made sure our new (2018) Raptor had only 2 axles and a hydraulic lift system. NOW I can do my own tires, wheel bearings, brakes, etc.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires