Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
JimQ

Nice Score on Craigslist

I haven't posted in a while but have been checking in everyday to see what's new. I've been researching portable waste tanks for use in the upcoming camping season when sewer hook-ups are not available. I happen to go on Craigslist and see one listed for $50, brand new, with hitch and hose. The Tote and Stor 32 gal. The seller bought it and ended up on a seasonal site with full hook-ups and wanted it gone. I did see some good reviews on this tank and also some reviews that were not so good. For $50, I thought I would get it and see how it works out for me. It is large and I was thinking where I was going to transport it when needed. Things came together nicely as it fit directly behind the propane tanks. A small Coleman cooler fit right next to the battery case and at the right height, giving me a nice stable base. I placed the tank on its side and secured it with a ratchet type tie down strap that goes around the tank and under the angle iron battery rack. I'll place a pool noodle with a safety strap in between the tank and nose of the TT ( not sure if its needed yet). It adds about 20 lbs. to my tongue weight which my set up can handle. Here's a couple of pics!Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank Pic 1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	19986
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank pic 2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	19987  
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Looks good and at the price, hard to turn down....

You might want to consider a strap through the blue tank handle, around the propane cover (there's a indention there already) and around the electric tongue jack. There is a lot of buffeting around the nose of the trailer and some of it may lift the blue tank, causing it to slam against the trailer front....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
JimQ

That will work! Thanks for the advice John!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
RCW

I have the same tank, works great! Just keep in mind it is very heavy when full!
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
travelin texans

One piece of advice!! When/if using for your black tank do it daily or whenever you have less than a tote full. With a 3" hose with a couple feet to the tote & a valve that doesn't shut quickly it's a sure way to make a yukky mess, ask me how I know. Also with a shower, bath/kitchen sink you'll get plenty of experience using it.
Had one I had to use for about 3 weeks & afterwards sold it cheap also, swore I'd NEVER own/use one again!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:29 AM   #6
Chris P

For that $ you can't go wrong, nice score and it looks like it's part of the camper. Let us know how it works out.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
JimQ

Thanks for the replies. I won't need to take it on our weekend trips but it will be good to have for our booked 10 day trip to Scusset Beach Campground as there are no sewers or pump out service.