Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
craign

iRV6500DVD Player problem

Hi all!

Our 2015 Premier has an iRV6500DVD entertainment center. The DVD player used to work well, but now cannot show an entire movie without stopping. The interim solution is to manually select movie scenes to return to a point in the movie where the player stopped. While on our last road trip, we purchased a DVD cleaner in hope that it would help. Unfortunately, the stopping problem continued.

The instruction manual contains no troubleshooting or customer support contact information. The manual also failed to provide any warranty information. The camper is 1 ˝ years old, so the warranty is probably expired.
If any readers on this forum experienced this problem, please reply with any solutions. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Craig
craign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
dcg9381

China.
Here's the USA based contact for these products:
http://estone-tech.com/5.html

Honestly, it appears to be a double-DIN (or close) receiver and no one repairs this sort of stuff anymore... If they won't repair/replace - an exact replacement will cost you $100-$250 on ebay (current). However, I'd probably put a modern head unit in there that will do the same thing - from a real company with some history / support /warranty.

History says they've sold cheap - $25-$75 on ebay before, but you'll have to watch for one.

Or new, through crutchfield, which will support/warranty it: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gr4z2jl...iRV6500BT.html ($299)
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
craign

DCG9381,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am willing to pay <$100 for one, but not $299 for a new unit with only a 60-day warranty as listed on the Crutchfield site.

I will also consider replacing the unit, but haven't found one that will fit in the existing hole. All other units I've found are larger and would require some carpentry work to fit in the existing location.

The unit leaves a lot to be desired with respect to the instructions for using SD card, USB media, and my 4th generation iPod Touch. I spent a while finding how to make it work properly, then added my own instructions to the manual. Their guidance was nowhere close to correct.

Regards,
Craig
craign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
dcg9381

60 day warranty? Seriously?

Like I said - sale history says they sell cheap when they go up without a reserve.

How wide is the factory opening? I suspect it's around "double DIN" size and you could come close to getting a factory double-din plate to work, like this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209999...9.html?tp=2114

This would open up a bunch of options...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote