Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
michael_h

Weight Limitations in slideouts

We have the 19' Premier, we had four adults in the slide the other weekend and it got me thinking that I've never see any information on slide out weight limitations . . .

Anyone with any ideas?
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:20 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The majority of slide floors are not supported when the slide is in the "travel mode" and there are cautions in the owner's manual to avoid stepping on the floor or using the slide when the slide is "in".

Once the slide is extended, the floor is "braced for normal use". I have never seen anything "IN WRITING" from Keystone on weight limits for slides, but have heard the limit is 1000 pounds in a number of conversations. That is when the slide is extended for normal use. There should be "no added weight" or "limited additional weight" when the slide is "IN"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote