Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Hsestes

Hello from GA - New Member

Hello from GA,

New to the forum and Keystone. Just looking into getting an RV and doing my research. Currently don't own anything but want to do some future cross country traveling. I should add that we have done several cross country trips, but doing the hotel/motel route.

Have seen a few Keystone RV's and for some reason like the looks and features. I would like to hear and learn from some of you current owners on the Pro's/Con's of Keystone and if you had to purchase all over would you do the same?

Thanks ahead.

Scott
Hsestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
JohnD

from R.I., all sorts of info here
2012 Heartland North Trail
2015 Keystone Cougar 337fls
2021 Keystone Montana 3763BP
JohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:45 AM   #3
Stew

Welcome. Originally from Rome,Ga. Ever in the FL Panhandle and need anything feel free to reach out.
2015 303RLS
[SIGPIC]
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

TO THE FORUM. from Connecticut. there was a survay some time ago that asked if you would buy an other keystone unit over 90% said yes. As you read through past post you will learn that our campers are far from perfect! there are issues with all of them some major some not so. a lot of us look at what is wrong and weigh in as to taking it back to the dealer ( cost in fuel and time) vs fix it your self. I have had 3 keystones. loved them all. Stareted with a small tt and worked up to what we have now. None were perfect but all were very nice and comfotable to live in. some trim issues a water leak a vacum breaker that went bad. would I buy another yes but I love what i got!. here's to you getting a nice camper and enjoyin the life style. ask all the questions you can before you buy. There are lots of great folks here that have learned lots along the way and will help you avoid some of the pit falls. Best wishes to youbeans
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum from W TX!

Before buying our 2014 Keystone we looked at literally hundreds of trailers from various manufacturers. The trailer we bought had the features, looks and quality we were looking for that the others didn't.....and at a better price. We've had several minor issues but nothing big. I am a nit picker so it's been back to the dealer more than most folks would have done I'm sure. To this day when I walk in it I'm pleased at our purchase and the value that we received.

Look around. Find what fits you and use the forum as a resource for information. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
Hsestes

Thanks to all that replied. I look forward to learning and making some friends here.
Hsestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #7
koko

The RV shows are everywhere right now. Go in as many trailers as you can, and spend a significant amount of time in the ones that appeal to you most. Floor plan is key. We love our Keystone, but we've loved every camper we've ever owned in one way or another.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #8
pawpaw

from the Bayou State. Whatever you decide on make sure in advance you have the right tow vehicle.