Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
blay

trailer cover

Can anyone tell me a good cover for a keystone retreat?
blay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Cilver

No personal experience, but I've heard good things about the ADCO covers. I'm looking at one for my trailer.

http://www.adcoprod.com/

These too...

http://www.classicaccessories.com
Cilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
BulletOwner1

No personal experience either. I think though that where you live would have some bearing on the makeup of a top. I have heard of instances where in a hot (Arizona) type climate that putting a cover on MIGHT lead to delamination so I would be very careful in your choice.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
cathcartww

With our first trailer, we weren't sure whether or not covering the trailer was the way to go for us, so we got the cheapest one we could find which was an Expedition brand made of a non-woven fabric. It did the job, and kept the trailer looking brand new and clean between uses, but the cover was cheaply made, and it pretty much disintegrated after a couple of years.

Since then, we have used CalMark brand covers, semi-custom made in the USA to your trailers measurements from Sunbrella woven fabric (also made in the USA). These covers are more expensive, but hold up really well.

Other than the quality of the materials used to manufacture the cover, proper fit is the most thing. If it is too small, it will strain the fabric when you put it on, and it will be difficult to get off. If it is too big, it will be difficult to secure it properly, and the wind may cause it to rub the trailer finish.

The point is, depending on the actual measurements of your trailer, one manufacturer's "standard" cover may fit better than another manufacturer's standard cover ....

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
jsmith948

Our ADCO 'designer series' cover, which we purchased based on their measureing guidelines, was too long for our 5er but we were able to make it work. It kept the trailer reasonably clean, however, it was sun rotted after 9 or 10 months of use. Waste of money, IMHO

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
aehjr

We had an Adco and were not satisfied with it. I don't think it has the build quality needed to protect the trailer. It is windy here in CO and the Adco shredded in less than a year.
We replaced it with an Expedition brand cover and that one has lasted two years. It is damaged by the wind flapping but after two years of use, it is in better shape than the Adco was when the Adco was six months old. It doesn't appear to have any sun damage; all the damage to it is from the wind. Based on the recommendations of the place where I bought it, we wrap it with extra ropes to reduce the flapping of the fabric but with frequent high winds (80 mph), there isn't a lot you can do to stop it.
A step up from the Expedition brand is the Goldline brand cover. They are about twice the price of the Expedition but have a 5 year, vice a three year warranty. Google "Expedition Goldline travel trailer cover" and you'll find all the places on the web that sell them.
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote