Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
therink

Soft floor at entry step- found cracked framing weld

Hi All
A few weeks back I posted about problem with floor flexing at the entry step on my brand new 2013 Sydney 340fbh. I took it in to dealer and they confirmed the issue and got authorization from Keystone to remove the lower exterior skirting to get a looksie. Sure enough, there was a braken weld where the wall stud (at rear side of entry door) had a cracked weld where the stud meets the outer subfloor frame, hence causing the floor to drop when weight was applied to the entry steps.
In the photo, you can see the gap between the stud and outer floor framing. The weld was repaired and no more soft floor.
[/URL][/IMG]

I must add that Camping world did a great job with the repair, skirting removal, re installation and recaulking on the exterior. I dropped the rig off this past Sunday and picked it up today (4 days). While there, they they also replaced the defective DVD player, 2 cracked drawer faces and non functioning power awning controller/relay. I made sure that they committed to making all above repairs within one week timeframe and they succeeded. It did help that I diagnosed and confirmed the problems myself before I brought it in and did not bring it in until they had all the replacement parts. It was a pleasure to work with Rochester NY Camping World this time around.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
x96mnn

Great to hear it worked out and all is fixed.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote