Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
DennisT

2009 Springdale 266RL: What width are factory 15" wheels?

I suppose I'll have to pull the wheel to find out the width of the 15-inch wheels on my Springdale 266RL?? I'm guessing 5.5 inches.

It is a 2009 model year and came with a ton of original documentation, but absolutely NO info on what wheels are on it. I know it was actually mfg'd in 2008, so my original Carlisle cheapie tires are now at least 5 years old. Although they look fine, I don't know how the previous owner maintained them or how many curbs he drove them over.

I'm looking at ruining my wallet and buying a new set so I can feel more secure. Looking at Maxxis 8008's or Gladiator/Schwab tires. Each mfg., "says," they offer my 205x75-15's in an 8 ply. The Carisle's are 6 ply.

I want the 8 ply to give me some reserve capacity. I won't load TT more, I just want the reserve. But I wonder if these factory wheels care if I go from load range C to LR D?

Just trying to be road safe,
Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

When I made the switch from the Mission tires (load range D) to the Maxxis 8008's (load range E), I checked to make sure that the rims were okay for this install. Discount Tire assured me that they were so no new rims/Wheels were needed.

I realize we are talking about 2 different tires sizes and load range but changing from C to D may not require a new rim/wheel. Check before buying the tires.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
DennisT

rims

Festus, thanks. It always did make sense to me that going up one size OR load range would not stress factory wheels. As a new RV owner, and beginning to learn the qualities, (or mostly lack of same) in RV's, I have quickly become overly suspicious of everything.

Once off at the tire store, they should be able to tell. I'm just doing homework before I find myself committed at the tire store.

More than anything, I'd like to know more about the Gladiator tire. Too new for reports to come in, perhaps. It's appearance reminds me of a heavily-grooved light truck tire.

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote