Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Hardway

Bleeding Hydraulic Lippert system

I am hoping someone can give me some pointers here. I have a leak on the fitting that screws into the slide for the dinette/couch. This fitting (a "T") has two orange hoses attached.. which means I need to break off the two hoses to try and tighten the fitting and or add more Teflon tape or what ever. Once I disconnect these two fittings so I can rotate the "T" fitting into the end of the hydraulic cylinder I will undoubtedly lose some oil. My major hang up is how do you re-bleed the system? This hydraulic system supplies oil for operation of(2) slides, 4 leveling jacks, 2 docking jacks. This a 2013 Raptor, 381 lev.

I have tried Lippert to find info on the jacks and cylinders to no avail. The dealer is about 130 miles away and am reluctant to use them as I don't want the rig tied up for a length of time and don't like spending the gas to get there and back.

I asked Keystone for a plumbing and electrical diagram, and was told this was proprietary info(?). In past dealings on other problems the dealer has not been responsive to telephone calls and help. You can read saga of purchasing a raptor on other posts in the keystone forum to get and idea. and since then I can add another 4 items, that I have ended up fixing. Thanks heavens for good friends...

Thanks to anyone who can supply info.... hardway
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
labs4life

First of all, I am not familiar with hydraulic slide components at all. However I run equipment every day that has a 110 gallon hydraulic reservoir tank, so I am familiar with hydraulics. If we have to break a line loose, we fix the problem and reinstall the line. No bleeding necessary. (In our situation). I would assume this is the same deal, but I have been wrong before.

Can you take a picture of the fitting and where the lines go from the T. is this a pressure or return line. Also before breaking this fitting loose, make sure no power is to the trailer so the line is not pressurized, if it is a pressure line.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

According to previous posts on the forum, no bleeding is necessary, the procedure is to fill the reservoir, run the slides in and out several times to purge air from the accumulator and the cylinders, then with the system turned off, slides in, check and fill the reservoir. Apparently, if you check it with the slides out and fill the reservoir, when you pull the slides in, it will push the excess fluid out of the fill cap vent..... At least that's what's been stated in the previous posts.

Try the search feature, you'll probably find all the information you need.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Hardway

Bleeding Lippert Hydraulic systems

Thanks for the reply. Did find some info on the internet so I am not to scared to try it removing the lines and taking a swing on the hydraulic T fitting. hardway
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Hardway

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by labs4life View Post
First of all, I am not familiar with hydraulic slide components at all. However I run equipment every day that has a 110 gallon hydraulic reservoir tank, so I am familiar with hydraulics. If we have to break a line loose, we fix the problem and reinstall the line. No bleeding necessary. (In our situation). I would assume this is the same deal, but I have been wrong before.

Can you take a picture of the fitting and where the lines go from the T. is this a pressure or return line. Also before breaking this fitting loose, make sure no power is to the trailer so the line is not pressurized, if it is a pressure line.
Yes I find you are correct in that it is a self bleeding system. Found this according to the other response and also on a heretofor document on the internet with a Lippert name tag. Not quite the same system but close enough. Thanks for the heads up on removing the 12 volt power supply. That would make quite a mess with both the lines off. This fitting is on the extend end of the slide (pressure side. with the other side of the T going to other slide (kitchen/refrigerator alcove). The retract side can also be a pressure side if your were in the retract mode. Thanks for your help...Hardway