Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #21
mcomeaux

Tires depreciate yearly regardless of use. Considering your use with that size of trailer I would consider no more than 3 years of use. And replace all tires. I just put new tires on myself and they were the Sailuns and they were produced in Viet Nam instead of China. The tires I removed had approx 90% tread remaining. I sold them to a guy for a equipment trailer. They as well were 3 yrs old. It’s just money and I got piece of mind. I would recommend using tire pressure monitors.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:18 AM   #22
CWtheMan

You have to be very careful buying Sailun S637 tires right now. They are in a transition period and some of the S637 tires are being built in two different designs. So it's a buyer beware situation and you need to look carefully at the sidewall sizes, materials and load capacities molded into the sidewall.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:43 AM   #23
Badbart56

When I was replacing my trailer tires the Sailuns were temporarily unavailable but a friend in the trucking business recommended Super Cargo tires, as he had been using them on his dump trailers. I great price too. Believe me when I say this is a heavy duty commercial tire, they weigh about 75 lbs each with an extremely stiff sidewall. I've used these for the past 4 years with no issues and they have a 75 mph speed rating. Comforting to know when you're loaded out at 18000 lbs. (13,330 on the trailer axles)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Car...900886214360d6

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote