Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
CalAz2020

Radio Wont turn on

Hello,

I have a Jensen JWM40 radio in my trailer. It won't turn on. When I push the reset, it lights up but after I pull the pin out, the radio doesn't reset and just won't turn on. Any thoughts or Ideas as to why this is? Thank you!
CalAz2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #2
sandy43

I had a radio problem. FM worked good, but no AM. I took it out to check it and found no AM antenna. Installed an antenna and it started working good. Might check that,

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

The radios in these rigs are pathetic. I found a ribbon antenna coiled up behind the radio similar to sandy43. FM signal was very poor and AM was nothing but static. This was the same situation in our previous RVs - 2011 Jayco and 2017 Laredo. For our current rig I bought a cheap car antenna at Walmart and mounted it behind the TV in hopes things would improve. Reception for both bands is better but not as good as my truck radio. If you really want good reception you need to mount an exterior sidewall mount antenna or a roof mount antenna, and purchase a decent car radio, and throw the Jensen away. I did not want to cut on my wall or roof, or spend the $$ for a new car radio. We listen to lots of AM talk radio on a good portable we have had for years. Problem solved.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Jensen is made by ASA Electronics. You can most likely find the manual on their support site., https://www.asaelectronics.com/support/
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
CalAz2020

Thank you for your replies. Still having issues. I just can't get it to turn on wiring is fine fuse is fine. Anyway, to day is a new day. Thanks for all the help!
CalAz2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

How old is the radio?

We had the same model and one speaker channel didn’t work (I pulled it out and cross checked wires and speakers to be sure). I called ASA in Indiana and they emailed me return authorization and I shipped it back to them. A week later, a box shows up at my door and it’s a brand new model 41.

If the reset doesn’t work, you may have luck pulling the unit, disconnecting power for awhile and then plugging it all back in.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio