Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #1
Arnold12519

AC Issues

I have followed this forum for months but this is the 1st question I’ve asked. Great forum, BTW! I have a 2020 Alpine 3451GK bought new in April 2021. It is equipped with 2 AC units, the rear one is supposed to be a heat pump. The RV is equipped with the On Command Control Center. I have had issues with the AC’s since purchase. The AC’s run great and cool great, the problem is that occasionally when the desired temperature is reached and the units shut down, they will not start back up when the temperature starts rising. This problem shows up more frequently in the rear (heat pump) unit but has happened with the front unit. I can turn the affected unit off then back on at the control center and the unit will start back up and may run fine for a day or two before doing it again. I’ve had it back at the dealer 3 times and they seem to be at a loss. Since the issue is intermittent, I know it will be hard to troubleshoot. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My next call will probably be directly to Keystone. Any advice on the best way to approach them?
Arnold12519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:00 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

welcome to the forum

I dont know the answer to your question, as I think its in the In Command system and I have very limited exposure to it. I can tell you if you call Keystone directly they will only tell you to contact an authorized Keystone repair facility.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone bought the "In-Command system" from ASA Electronics who designed it and builds it. If you want to talk to someone who is "somewhat knowledgeable" about that system, I'd start with ASA's customer service/tech support.

Keystone's Customer Service is an "extra duty for the receptionist" (or so it seems)... Depending on who answers the phone at Keystone, you may be talking to someone who can answer your question, you may be talking to someone who has "in depth knowledge" about another Keystone trailer, but not your brand or you may be talking to someone who was cutting the grass last week and got promoted after seeing the "HELP WANTED" sign on the front lawn.....

ASA's CS phone number is (877) 845-8750 They are open 7AM - 8PM Monday - Friday.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
Arnold12519

Thank you!
Arnold12519 is offline   Reply With Quote