Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2021, 07:32 AM   #1
CDRVing

Keystone Recliners

Has anyone had trouble with their Keystone Recliners? We’ve only had our TT 2900RL 10 months and used it 9 times so far. One of the recliners broke. We’re no lightweights but still <200 lbs and neither of us is rough with the chairs. We have our one year check up scheduled in August, I contacted the place we purchased the TT, should I contact Keystone directly too?

Chuck & Deb
2019 Ford F-250XLT
2021 Passport 2900RL GT TT
CDRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The furniture is probably manufactured by (or for) Lippert and contracted by Keystone. You might confirm the brand recliners in your trailer (probably Thomas Payne). If they are TP, then your dealer and Keystone should "step up to the plate" if the trailer is less than 1 year old. After that, it's between your dealer and Lippert, as Keystone only serves as the warranty administrator for components for the first year.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:25 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

You need to follow up with the dealer and determine what they have done; what was submitted, when etc. I would follow up with Keystone directly and have them notate the claim that should be on file if your dealership has done their job. That's a good way to double check them PLUS at 10mos. old time is of the essence to get the damage documented prior to the end of your warranty expiration. Personally I would be pushing the dealer to let me get it in so they can get the required pics and assessment as quick as I could vs waiting until the "1 year checkup" which might be too late.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:22 PM   #4
CDRVing

Thanks for the information. I was just going through the web looking at Keystone websites trying to find a phone number or a “Contact us here”. Unfortunately, I’m not finding what I want. I’ll call the dealer again tomorrow and push for them to take a look as soon as possible. Will Keystone accept photos I take?

Chuck & Deb
2019 Ford F-250XLT
Old 06-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #5
RVDad89

I had a similar situation with our recliners in our Keystone Outback, frame completely bent to 1 side. I talked to the dealer and the dealer had me send pics of the recliner via email so there was a date and time stamp. I would suggest you do the same that way there's a digital record of the information before your 1 year is up! Good luck!
Old 06-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRVing View Post
Thanks for the information. I was just going through the web looking at Keystone websites trying to find a phone number or a “Contact us here”. Unfortunately, I’m not finding what I want. I’ll call the dealer again tomorrow and push for them to take a look as soon as possible. Will Keystone accept photos I take?

Their number is in this link;

https://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #7
CDRVing

Thank you so much for the link! I’ll take pictures this weekend and get them emailed out to the dealer and Keystone. Our chair’s seat just dropped and the leg support won’t come up anymore. My husband turned the chair over, the springs under the seat pulled away from the back of the chair. He couldn’t budge it so we just haven’t been using it.

Chuck & Deb
2019 Ford F-250XLT
Old 07-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #8
CedarCreekWoody

I had a similar problem with my 6 month old Laredo. The recliner back was loose. I took it to the dealer, they tightened everything up. It didn't last through the next weekend trip. The dealer then contacted Keystone and they agreed to replace the pair. The new ones were Thomas Payne and work great a year later. The new ones have a steel frame, the originals (brand unknown) had particle board frames.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, recliner, warrenty