Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2021, 09:40 PM   #1
Warthog

Cargo Capacity Weight?

So confused....new to all of this.
Based on the picture attached on my Keystone, my CCC is 379kg with hot and cold water full and waste tanks empty. So I have 379 capacity or do I need to deduct 79 and 23 still? Thank you...
So we Learn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210120_213517.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	31549  
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:52 PM   #2
bobbecky

It is saying you can carry 379kg or 833 lbs in addition to the weight of fresh water in the fresh tank as well as the water heater. They show the weight of the full waste tanks so you are aware it's best to not tow the trailer without first emptying those tanks. That weight carrying capacity is not much, so you will need to be very careful when loading the trailer for travel.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
Warthog

Thanks!!! Do I need to deduct my propane tank, battery and tongue weight from 833lbs?
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:49 AM   #4
notanlines

Warthog, yes, I would say the battery and tank but no to tongue weight. Welcome to the forum first of all, and, to beat George to the punch, we would all appreciate it if you would fill out the information on your RV and tow vehicle in your signature line. It tells us more about your given situation.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:38 AM   #5
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Thanks!!! Do I need to deduct my propane tank, battery and tongue weight from 833lbs?
Propane systems including full tanks, battery and tongue weight are all part of the trailer's GVW when it leaves the factory.

Any/all water is cargo.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:30 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Propane systems including full tanks, battery and tongue weight are all part of the trailer's GVW when it leaves the factory.

Any/all water is cargo.
Cal,

Your statement is "true" in that the full propane tanks "ARE INCLUDED IN THE TRAILER GVW" however it is NOT TRUE when stating the trailer shipping weight.

Per an email from Keystone in December, 2017, the "SHIPPING WEIGHT and TONGUE WEIGHT" advertised on the website includes the empty propane tanks. This email from Keystone is explicit in confirming that the shipping/tongue weight DOES NOT INCLUDE PROPANE OR BATTERY weight. It does include the EMPTY propane tank weight.

There is a significant difference in "shipping weight", "dry weight" and "curb weight". Keystone does not advertise a "dry weight or a curb weight" in any of their brochures....

Anyone (everyone) should be aware of what weight they are "referring to" when making a blanket statement about "weight".... There are three very distinct and DIFFERENT weights to consider when considering "a trailer sitting on the dealer lot, not ready to tow.

Here's the email from Keystone:

Sent: Today 2:58:04 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Keystone RV Shopper's Konnection [html][sls]

Thank you for your response. If I understand you correctly, the hitch weight as it appears on your website does NOT include a battery or propane, but it does include the weight of the empty propane cylinders. Is that correct? Thanks much !!!

John

Bettina Rogers [email protected]
To jrtjh@*********.com
Hi John,

Yes, that is correct.

Bettina Rogers
Keystone RV Company
Keystone Shoppers Konnection
574-535-2488
[email protected]

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS