Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Bandit12

OTG Package

I searched the forums before posting here. When we took delivery of our 2021 27SABWE we were told it has the OTG package. I confirmed this by reviewing the build sheet. At the PDI, the dealer told us very little information about this system. I was under the impression all it did was recharge the batteries for longer boondocking trips without a generator. Yesterday I received a recall notice concerning the wiring to the inverter. After digging around the web a bit last night, I discovered there are supposed to be several outlets inside the trailer that can be powered by the inverter. Apparently the one for the TV, at least one in the kitchen and the bedroom are supposed to receive power from the inverter, once the inverter is turned on. I think I've identified the inverter, but have not yet located the power switch. Once I do, I intend to disconnect shore power and see which outlets are powered. I have a few questions I hope some of you can chime in here and point me in the right direction. Where is the power switch to turn on the inverter? Is there an easy way to identify which outlets are supposed to be powered by the inverter once its turned on? Lastly, do I need to worry about making sure the inverter is turned off before connecting to shore power? The manual is vague on these points.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
PnP841

I can’t answer specifically about your model, but just offer general information. The switch for the inverter will actually be a small square or rectangular panel with a switch on it. It should be turned off when on shore power. It won’t actually hurt to leave it on, it you’re unnecessarily taxing your battery and converter to keep the battery charged. The outlets are in the locations you mentioned. They are likely marked with a small sticker. If not, turn on your inverter while not hooked up and use a plug in circuit tester to identify the hot outlets.
PnP841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:41 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I searched the forums before posting here. When we took delivery of our 2021 27SABWE we were told it has the OTG package. I confirmed this by reviewing the build sheet. At the PDI, the dealer told us very little information about this system. I was under the impression all it did was recharge the batteries for longer boondocking trips without a generator. Yesterday I received a recall notice concerning the wiring to the inverter. After digging around the web a bit last night, I discovered there are supposed to be several outlets inside the trailer that can be powered by the inverter. Apparently the one for the TV, at least one in the kitchen and the bedroom are supposed to receive power from the inverter, once the inverter is turned on. I think I've identified the inverter, but have not yet located the power switch. Once I do, I intend to disconnect shore power and see which outlets are powered. I have a few questions I hope some of you can chime in here and point me in the right direction. Where is the power switch to turn on the inverter? Is there an easy way to identify which outlets are supposed to be powered by the inverter once its turned on? Lastly, do I need to worry about making sure the inverter is turned off before connecting to shore power? The manual is vague on these points.
if your worried you could probably shut off the breaker label otg in your breaker panel. All new cougars have the otg package (wiring prep) but not all have the actual inverter and solar panels installed. I would think it’s easy to tell if you have it. Do you have solar panels on the roof? And probably the only thing with the recall is the ac wire coming from breaker panel to the three otg wired outlets is wired to wrong side of inverter transfer switch. ( there is a wire “in” and wire “out” for the transfer switch portion of inverter.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
if your worried you could probably shut off the breaker label otg in your breaker panel. All new cougars have the otg package (wiring prep) but not all have the actual inverter and solar panels installed. I would think it’s easy to tell if you have it. Do you have solar panels on the roof? And probably the only thing with the recall is the ac wire coming from breaker panel to the three otg wired outlets is wired to wrong side of inverter transfer switch. ( there is a wire “in” and wire “out” for the transfer switch portion of inverter.
Disregard.... I read your other post seems like you know what’s going on