Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 04:27 AM   #1
brodavefla

Accuslide override

Hi all,

As a newbie I'm still getting acquainted with our 2017 Cougar TT 33MLS. I'm trying to understand how to manually retract slideouts if they get stuck or whatever. One of the slideouts is a rack-and-pinion job that can be manually retracted via using an adjustable wrench on the long bar underneath. (Please forgive any awkward descriptions BTW; I'm still learning the names of all of this stuff.) The other two are Accuslides. I've found where the slideout motors are on top of the slideouts. The smaller slideout, in the bedroom, actually has the flexible adjustment shaft attached to the motor with a ziptie. It looks like I'd have to remove the wood trim on the front of the slideout to access the motor if the slideout is fully extended. Not convenient but doable. Now the other slideout, the one for the living room/dining area, that's a different story. Even after removing the wood trim, it seems pretty much impossible to reach the slideout motor, even if you had a flexible adjustment shaft long enough to do so.

This can't be right. What am I missing? BTW I have the Accuslide Service Manual as a PDF--not helpful. Thanks, BD
brodavefla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
skids

I am watching this thread closely. That is like the Bullet 248RKS. You would have to reach like 4 feet!
Old 10-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodavefla View Post
Hi all,

As a newbie I'm still getting acquainted with our 2017 Cougar TT 33MLS. I'm trying to understand how to manually retract slideouts if they get stuck or whatever. One of the slideouts is a rack-and-pinion job that can be manually retracted via using an adjustable wrench on the long bar underneath. (Please forgive any awkward descriptions BTW; I'm still learning the names of all of this stuff.) The other two are Accuslides. I've found where the slideout motors are on top of the slideouts. The smaller slideout, in the bedroom, actually has the flexible adjustment shaft attached to the motor with a ziptie. It looks like I'd have to remove the wood trim on the front of the slideout to access the motor if the slideout is fully extended. Not convenient but doable. Now the other slideout, the one for the living room/dining area, that's a different story. Even after removing the wood trim, it seems pretty much impossible to reach the slideout motor, even if you had a flexible adjustment shaft long enough to do so.

This can't be right. What am I missing? BTW I have the Accuslide Service Manual as a PDF--not helpful. Thanks, BD

Actually you do use that flexible shaft and a drill to override that style of slide. You may have to remove the upper facia to access the motor/gearbox. I know it seems crazy but thats the way it was designed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide