Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
wholesale man

wholesale man needs help

Just signed in as new member happy to have found your site. Have been rving for 25 years but i have just purchased a 2000 montana 3255 5th with rear LR. It has what looks to be possibly be an inverter under a lamp table with 4 30amp breakers, two operate indepently and two have a metal band on them, 50amp shore power runs directly into this box and appears to go to converter across room. can someone tell me what its purpose is and was this a factory install.
wholesale man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Johnnyfry

Electrical question

Not much to go on here, but from the location near the power inlet it could be either a surge protector or an autoformer for voltage control.

See if you can find a model plate somewhere and try to find out who made it. It is not likely that it is a factory install.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
cumminsdad08

what do they work, if you turn them off what dont work. it may be an extra precaution someone put in to run off a generator or the house or somehting. might have been able to only run what they wanted to run, and turn it off to run something else. IE the tv or the radio. could have been easier to do it from there then from the "factory" panel. i know my buddys is a whole process to get to to replace fuse's.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
wholesale man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfry View Post
Not much to go on here, but from the location near the power inlet it could be either a surge protector or an autoformer for voltage control.

See if you can find a model plate somewhere and try to find out who made it. It is not likely that it is a factory install.

John
Thanks johnny I will look for more info and repost.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
wholesale man

Thanks for your reply, I have tried your idea the two that are linked together do nothing that I can tell but the other two will kill shore power to converter. The way this system is mounted in the end table would lead me to assume this is a factory system of some kind. Iam going to try keystone customer service tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
cumminsdad08

that is really your best bet, being a 2000 year model, alot could have been changed over the years, and some people are awsome at retrofitting things to look original. i installed a dvd player in my ent. stand and you couldnt even tell it was never there. good luck and post up your results.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote