Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 06:20 AM   #1
Ncamilli

Awnings for Slides

Anyone install awnings on their slides for their Fusion? I thinking of getting some to help keep the slides clean and more protection from water. If you have them, post a pic for me please and tell me what brand you bought. Thanks.
Ncamilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
lonewolftx

Wink We did . . .

I recently read the awning article in Trailer Life from Good Sam's club on the Carefree of Colorado slide awnings. Giving my 2016 F420 has 3 regular Carefree awnings already I ordered this from Carefree directly given the article told how simple the install was. I ordered two; master bedroom slide out and the living area slide out. I was able to match the other three awnings fabric and it was as easy as the article stated. I would recommend these as a add on for the Fuzion line for the basic reasons as well as it matches.

Here is the Carefree web site configuration site. https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...=76&action=cfg

Let me know if you have any questions . . .

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:10 AM   #3
Ncamilli

Thank you! Very helpful. Turns out I have several local dealers. Did you order through the website or through a local dealer?
Ncamilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:17 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If your going to put them on yourself, order direct it will be cheaper.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
lonewolftx

Wink Direct . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncamilli View Post
Thank you! Very helpful. Turns out I have several local dealers. Did you order through the website or through a local dealer?
I ordered direct from Carefree but they told me it might be cheaper to go through a dealer as they try not to undercut them. I had asked my Fuzion dealer but they wanted to sell me the dometic version as they claimed it was easier to order and install. I wanted the Carefree ones that matched my current awnings & were enclosed in the cover so just decied to go direct. Got the awnings 7 days from the day I ordered it. They want to deliver to a commercial location otherwise they charge an additional $100 residencial delivery fee. I had a friend take the order at his warehouse.

You do need a second hand to install the longer ones as they get to heavey to do with one person. Read the trailer life article as it will give you good insight if you aren't a confident DIYer. Also you can download the instructions from the Carefree website as well to get a feel for the process. You need a very tall ladder to do the work with one person (in my case) on the roof feeding the awning into the rig holder.

2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
Old 09-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #6
lonewolftx

Wink Nope . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If your going to put them on yourself, order direct it will be cheaper.
According to the Carefee CS people they might sell cheaper thru dealers in order to not undercut them. I didn't bother as the difference couldn't have been much, plus I would have had to go to the dealership to pick them up.