Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Steve S

AC noise

I've noticed a few times that people have issues with AC noise. I've read many suggestions but I've never read what I do.
If you close the vents on the AC panel, there should be four of them and just let the air go through the duct work it's a lot quieter.
I set my temp, leave the fan running on low continually and I have no issues with noise or having a conversation.
I hope that this helps
Old 06-30-2016, 06:18 AM   #2
jsmith948

Thanks for the info, Steve. DW and I were debating whether to leave the a/c fan on 'auto' or to let it run continuously on low. We recently camped in 100+ weather. The a/c never shut off during the day so it would have been a bad time to test. Next time out we plan on running the a/c fan both ways to determine which cools better. It would seem that, if the fan is already running, the compressor coming online would require less amperage.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
Garyl53

I have seen threads here where those with both front and rear AC units that are ducted together sometimes will run the the front one when they are in the rear area and the rear one when they are in the front bedroom area to keep the noise down. May only work in the evenings after the sun goes down but sounds like a great solution to the noise issue.
Garyl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
Thanks for the info, Steve. DW and I were debating whether to leave the a/c fan on 'auto' or to let it run continuously on low. We recently camped in 100+ weather. The a/c never shut off during the day so it would have been a bad time to test. Next time out we plan on running the a/c fan both ways to determine which cools better. It would seem that, if the fan is already running, the compressor coming online would require less amperage.
I've tested the AC in multiple different ways and I'm set on firing it up before it gets hot and leaving the fan on low. The problem with it being on auto is that the fan only goes on when the AC kicks in which I find that the temps go up and down.
Keeping the air circulating through the ducts will keep your TT at a constant temp without the blasts of cold air.
Hope that helps

P.S I've had no problems in 100 degree weather
Old 06-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyl53 View Post
I have seen threads here where those with both front and rear AC units that are ducted together sometimes will run the the front one when they are in the rear area and the rear one when they are in the front bedroom area to keep the noise down. May only work in the evenings after the sun goes down but sounds like a great solution to the noise issue.
I agree as that sounds like another great way to keep the noise down
Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 PM   #6
dcg9381

I have yet to clean my duct work up, I'm sure that needs to be done. When blocking off vents at the AC unit, I find that cooling is less effective. Part of it is that you're passing cool air through a relatively insulated section of the roof... Part of it may be that my ducts haven't been cleaned up from the factory.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote