Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Lkha

Sirius radio

Our fuzion came with a Sony radio with Sirius radio does anyone know if antenna is installed and has anyone used theirs
4th; 1999 35' Windsong by Forest River
Current;2015 fuzion 403 Chrome
15 Tri Glide in the box

RET US ARMY
PRG RIDE CAPTAIN
Lkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Welcome aboard!

I can't give you a definite answer, but I would assume that if the radio is Serius/XM capable, it should have all of the components you need.

Check with your dealer to make sure they activate your free trial subscription. If they'll cooperate, maybe they can wait till camping season starts, so you don't have to sit out in the cold to use it. Our '15 Ford came with the free trial, but after it was time to start paying, we decided that we didn't use it enough to justify the price. Of course, we are in an area that is saturated with quality FM choices, so it was a non-issue. Depending on your listening preferences, and local radio station availability you may opt to subscribe. Serius/XM now has a sharing feature that allows you to stream to your PC when you're not in the camper.

Good Luck... and enjoy the new rig!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
Lkha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Welcome aboard!

I can't give you a definite answer, but I would assume that if the radio is Serius/XM capable, it should have all of the components you need.

Check with your dealer to make sure they activate your free trial subscription. If they'll cooperate, maybe they can wait till camping season starts, so you don't have to sit out in the cold to use it. Our '15 Ford came with the free trial, but after it was time to start paying, we decided that we didn't use it enough to justify the price. Of course, we are in an area that is saturated with quality FM choices, so it was a non-issue. Depending on your listening preferences, and local radio station availability you may opt to subscribe. Serius/XM now has a sharing feature that allows you to stream to your PC when you're not in the camper.

Good Luck... and enjoy the new rig!

Do a Sirius radios come with free trial?
4th; 1999 35' Windsong by Forest River
Current;2015 fuzion 403 Chrome
15 Tri Glide in the box

RET US ARMY
PRG RIDE CAPTAIN
Lkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
ImTravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkha View Post
Do a Sirius radios come with free trial?

Usually a three month trial comes with new radios. When the trial is up, call them and you can negotiate a better rate, if you're wanting to keep the subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
notanlines

Generally, after the six month trial offer with a new truck you will get an offer of 5 months for $19.00 if you choose not to take the complete package. After this package runs out call them about four days before the end and make another negotiation for the $19.00 package.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:36 AM   #6
{tpc}

If the antenna is attached you should be able to tune into a preview station. If not, you may just need to add an antenna, but if its a car stereo style there may be some additional equipment you need, depending on the unit.

If you can get to the preview channel or any channel on sirius (that you can hear something from), you can call them and tell them your a new owner. They should ask you to go through some gyrations with the radio, but in the end you will likely get a fairly long trial subscription at no cost.

Tell them you want to be "billed" at the end of it and your ok to pay the fee ($2) for being mailed the bill. I would have no issues giving them a CC or debit card number over the phone for a "one time charge" if you had to at the end of your trial, but I would not enter the information in their website...even though you can select a one time billing option there.

At the end of your trial they will try to automatically renew you for their normal rate for whatever trial you had, 3 month, 6 month, etc. If you have put your CC info in the online system, even as a 1 time option, it may keep it...and use that to renew you.

Much harder to negotiate the rate when they already have your $$.

FWIW, I had a car that came with it free for a year. The dealer somehow put the wrong radio in my car (same unit but was vinned to another car), so when I went to resub, it was all jacked up. I got another free year. In my truck, I think I got a 3 month trial for free and i bought an 7 year old truck.

Also if you can't understand the person who answers, I would just politely get off the phone with them and try again. They have lots of call centers overseas. If you get someone here in the states that is the best, but either way they are a pretty accommodating group.