Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
mosquitoman

Floor vent lack of air flow

My new 2016 2200rbwe has very little air flow from the floor vent at the foot of the bed. I looked at it from the under side and the tubing is connected to the vent and I checked it at the furnace and all tubing is firmly connected there as well. Is the lack of air flow due to the tubing is dryer vent pipe and has lots of resistance? I wish I would have noticed this during our walk through or the dealer would have caught it during their PDI.
mosquitoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Dryer vent tubing is common in RV's and as long as it isn't kinked or torn has very little resistance to air flow. How far away the vent is and how many other vents are on that run can affect flow. Air is like water and will take the path of least resistance. It may be kinked or crushed somewhere underneath and it would require dropping the underbelly to inspect. It could also be an over abundance of vent line.

This is an issue that the dealer should take care of under warranty.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
mosquitoman

It's the only vent on that duct, with that said at the furnace there a total of (3) 4" ducts (that blow into the main camper with in 2 feet of the furnace) and (2) 2"? (that go the the underbelly). I'll have to do more exploring in the spring.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
slow

I solved my similar problem by removing excess flexible tubing between the furnace and the register, adding elbows at the furnace and adding dampers to the elbows so I could "balance" the air flow amongst the various registers.

You can see a photo of my furnace area in my albums located here:http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3637

The elbow without a damper lever (in the middle of the three) is for the register farthest away in our bedroom area.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
mosquitoman

Great idea, thank you I will do that.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
slow

Floor vent lack of air flow

Be sure not to close off the closer registers so the heater enclosure does not builds up too much heat. The objective to get the same air flow out of the heater enclosure but divide it as required to each register. HD has the 3 inch aluminum elbows and dampers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
therink

I modified my duct work the first week I owned it. Many rvs have poor airflow due to bad design and throw together factory workmanship. Nature of the beast. After I made changes as described above, have had no issues. It is all about airflow and fixing areas with restrictions and eliminating dead ends in tthe duct runs. Same with AC vents.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote