Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2015, 04:55 AM   #1
Brian T

1st Trip in our 320TG

Well we had our maiden voyage this past weekend and all went very well! We are very pleases so far with this camper.

The only thing I noticed, is the living room slide starting jerking when I was retracting it. When we set up it went out smooth. I'm wondering if this is normal? It was pretty hot and the trailer was in all sun, wondering if that could have had something to do with it.

I'm not the best reviewer, but I'd be happy to answer any questions about our experiences with this RV.

Thanks
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:17 AM   #2
GaryWT

Nice to get out there for the first trip. Enjoy. Keep an eye on the slide but I am guessing it is a non issue.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
Brian T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Nice to get out there for the first trip. Enjoy. Keep an eye on the slide but I am guessing it is a non issue.
That's kind of what I was thinking, thanks! It was really great to be out camping again, was a long long winter!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Great to hear you had a good time on the maiden voyage. As far as the slide, was the trailer level? I had never had an issue with my slides then one trip I brought it back to its parking spot on my property and didn't level it side to side thinking it was OK. Slides went out great but the one on the lower side bound up when retracting and I had to start/stop/backup/restart a couple of times to get it in. Couldn't figure out what was going on but after it doing it a couple of times I leveled the trailer.....problem solved.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Brian T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Great to hear you had a good time on the maiden voyage. As far as the slide, was the trailer level? I had never had an issue with my slides then one trip I brought it back to its parking spot on my property and didn't level it side to side thinking it was OK. Slides went out great but the one on the lower side bound up when retracting and I had to start/stop/backup/restart a couple of times to get it in. Couldn't figure out what was going on but after it doing it a couple of times I leveled the trailer.....problem solved.
The trailer was level, but I did forget to raise the stabilizer jacks before bring in slides (1st Trailer with slides!) I believe your supposed have them up. When I got home and set it up again it was not level. I'll try again now that the trailer is level. Thanks for the input!

I'm sure it's nothing major, just want to get out and camp again.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #6
cw3jason

Your stabilizers can be down. The only thing about slides, is make sure trailer is level before moving the slides. Stabilizers up or down really doesn't matter and often need to be adjusted after the first night due to the ground compressing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote