Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
hopalong

Tire blow-out damages

Hi everyone,

I had my first blow-out a couple of weeks age and the blow-out caused some damage to my camper. I have a 2012 Keystone Cougar Hi-Country and the blow-out destroyed my finder skirt on the slide out side. It also damaged the metal sheet which the finder skirt attaches to. I am in the process of finding a replacement skirt and I have been to several web sites looking at replacements including Camping World where I purchased the camper but I don't find any with the raised raised mountain emblem in the middle. I'm wondering whether I need to go to the Keystone company and try to get a replacement from them or not. They may not even deal with me directly. I can't read the sticker on the back of the finder skirt so I don't know what the Mfg model number is. Also I don't know what to do about the messed up sheet metal either. I have considered taking the camper to a body shop and see if they can straighten it out. does anyone have any suggestions for me?
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Metal skirting can be found here: http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...23+%2F+Keyword

Fender skirting here: http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...23+%2F+Keyword

HOWEVER, it would probably be much cheaper and easier to simply go to your dealership (or any Keystone dealership) and discuss your needs with the parts guy.

Most dealers have trailers delivered on a regular basis during the summer season and the factory will put any parts ordered in the next trailer being delivered to that dealer. This will save you the cost of shipping which will usually be more than the cost of the actual parts.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
kampincrazy

I bought a fender Skirt from http://www.tiararvsales.com/page/252/Parts-Dept-
they used my serial number to get me the matching skirt
kampincrazy is offline   Reply With Quote