Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
HydrogenCyanide

LED Strip Lights

On my last trailer, I installed LED strip lights to the side of the trailer under the awning. These worked great and I loved them.

This year I upgraded to a Cougar 28RBS. Love the trailer but really miss the LED strip lighting.

I am going to order the LED light but my question is with regard to running the wire. My light/slide/awning switches are on the wall between the main living area and the bedroom. There is definitely power in there.

There is a sliding door between the switch and the side of the trailer. It looks to me like the sliding door would line up precisely to wear the awning power awning wire would come in. Does anyone know how this awning wire gets to the switch bracket?

The last thing I want to do is drill into the side of the trailer and not be able to get the wire to 12v power somewhere. I am using an RF remote and receiver so nothing really needs to be visible.

Anyone know how this is setup?
HydrogenCyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
bg71361

Try going in the area of the backside of the refrigerator.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote