Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #21
billb800si

Well, here's a update.
New 2014 Cougar High Country 321RES TOTALED!!!! AAA is presently offering $30,698 as settlement. I'm negotiating.....

2007 Ram Megacab pick up was just quoted to AAA for repairs at $23,960... Waiting for AAA to propose a settlement on that.

If things work out favorably we might go ahead and buy a new model 33RES Cougar X-Lite trailer. Has just about everything I would want on it.

Should know within a week.
Drive careful out there folks. With "black ice" you have absolutely no control!!!
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Bill, Hopefully you can get AAA to consider better offers for the trailer and truck. Hopefully those figures also include any personal effects and extras you may have lost. Will you be able to keep or go get the personal items that are salvageable? Things like pots and pans, sheets, blankets, clothing, blocks and chocks, grills, tools and similar items that were in the RV? Those items alone can easily top $5000 and should either be paid for or you should be able to recover those that are still OK and negotiate for what was lost.

I just went through the same (on a much lesser scale) with the roof on my Springdale. I don't think you ever "really get what it's all worth", but hopefully you won't lose too much in this situation.

Good luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #23
Sherwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
Well, here's a update.
New 2014 Cougar High Country 321RES TOTALED!!!! AAA is presently offering $30,698 as settlement. I'm negotiating.....

2007 Ram Megacab pick up was just quoted to AAA for repairs at $23,960... Waiting for AAA to propose a settlement on that.

If things work out favorably we might go ahead and buy a new model 33RES Cougar X-Lite trailer. Has just about everything I would want on it.

Should know within a week.
Drive careful out there folks. With "black ice" you have absolutely no control!!!
Happy trails,
I'm thinking a certain AAA representative will NOT be getting a bonus set of steak knives this month after that claim. Just glad nobody got hurt.

Eric & Kim Sherwood
2011 Cougar 31SQB Travel Trailer, EZ-Flex
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L
Reese Straight Line Trunnion Bar w/Dual Cam Anti-Sway
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote