Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
superdog404
Gone Traveling

Front Cap LED Lights

Hi - Has anyone replaced or fixed the front cap LED lights? Some of mine are out. This is on a Cougar 318sab but I think other trailers also have these.
Thank you
superdog404
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Lights.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	4787  
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
Hi - Has anyone replaced or fixed the front cap LED lights? Some of mine are out. This is on a Cougar 318sab but I think other trailers also have these.
Thank you
superdog404
Is the trailer still under warranty? If not, you may want to try slowly pulling off the led strip. It is most likely glued on. Then order some of the waterproof led strip to replace it. You can cut it to any length and get most colours.
If you need more I into on the strips, let me know.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
superdog404
Gone Traveling

Hi Bill & Deb = Thank you for the reply. I have been meaning to update this post. As far as warranty, I guess I could have done that but there isn't many dealers around so.cal. that do warranty work and also none that I would like to use. Been there done that! So anyway yes they are glued on. It appears they use a very good double sided tape. The tape seems much stronger than the tape that comes with the 5050 led 6.4 meter strings. I went ahead and used a string of 3528 led's. They are larger in width than what Keystone uses but worked out OK. A little big but useable. The thing I was most afraid of was where they were fed from. Turns out they are fed from the center led dock light. Nice big hole behind it. I haven't seen any led strips the size of what Keystone uses. I have been on the lookout for them. The led strips are a nice touch that Keystone did. I will have to resize some pictures of my project and post them here.
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote