Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2023, 02:25 PM   #1
Greasyrick

Wingard Air360+ not good?

Hi everyone, just wondering if Im the only one having issues with the factory installed Wingard Air360+ antenna.
After fixing all the coax cables, I do get a fair amount of channels, between 40 and 70 depending on locations but the signal freezes a lot, I checked the coax cable F connector ends and from factory they were not properly installed, it was a DISASTER, connectors were not compressed, some pulled out, some had the ground wrapped around the center copper wire, and some were not even stripped, it was really bad, mostly behind the KeyTv Multisource signal controller, luckily I have the stripper and compression tools to do it right, I also checked the connectors for all the wall plates and now it’s all good, however, the only connector I could not check was at the antenna itself, since it’s glued on top and has no cover to remove, I looked in the ceiling where there is a cover that says gateway required and did not see a connector, just some power wires, I’m thinking the cable I am looking for might be properly connected since I get channels, but the channel freezing is just annoying, anyone had this issues, any solutions?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Greasyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Your antenna isn’t “glued down”. You can carefully remove the lap sealant and you will find 4 or 6 screws holding the antenna down. Remove them and you can look for more factory work that is sub par.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 03:45 PM   #3
cougar23

Guess I got lucky. My 2023 Cougar 23MLE antenna works fine.
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote