Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
concours

BC to Yellowstone

We are planning a 2week trip from Kellowna BC to Yellowstone in August any suggestions as to routes and serviced campgrounds
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
We are planning a 2week trip from Kellowna BC to Yellowstone in August any suggestions as to routes and serviced campgrounds
August ??? You sound like you look forward to the summer as much as us. I spend winter just dreaming of summer , kinda wish i could hibernate. Good luck with the trip planing.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
curlyfungirl

We always stay at the Grizzly campground at the West Yellowstone Entrance. It is very clean and the staff are friendly. There is no pool but why would you want one when you can swim in the beautiful streams and rivers of Yellowstone.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Dhuhn

One suggestion if camping in Yellowstone to make a reservation I think they only have 2 , maybe 3 campgrounds with full hookups. They do fill up so its a good idea to reserve ahead of time.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Bugle Boy

We like Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone. Have stayed there several times.

Not sure about a route, but I would think Spokane, Missoula, Butte to West Yellowstone would be a beautiful drive. We stayed in a campground in Missoula and one in Butte in '04. Don't remember much about them but they were nice.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Karen & Larry

We also stayed in Fishing Bridge Campground it has full hookups which is great however the sites are rather close to each other. It was also tough parking the RV in the confined spaces. other than that it was great. We had a Bison walk through our loop which drew a growd. We came in the park from the East Gate of the Np through Cody WY lots of mountains switch backs. We could breathe a bit easierr once we saw flat land. Leaving the park we did back track through Cody & stayed there for a week lots of history there, once we left we traveled up to Billings MT to 94 taking it back down into SD.
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Jca3

I think I have written this before so apologize if someone reads this repeat. We like the Tetons better than Yellowstone. Yellowstone packs you in like sardines in the campgrounds. They pick the next available spot. We were there in late May so there were plenty spots up top in Fishing Bridge. We camped one night where they placed us with slides touching. The next day we walked up top and went back to the front desk and asked to move. They said sure. A momma grizzly and baby walked right out behind the trailer and stayed around for about an hour. We quickly went inside to take our photos of her.
One guy from Mass. was angry they let bears in the campground. Ha the bears in Yellowstone are letting you stay in their area.
We also like Mammoth Hot springs campground.
Head down to the Tetons near some of the lakes. Nicer campgrounds but if you have a big rig you might have trouble finding a spot big enough.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Kenworth

I wouldn't recommend camping in West Yellowstone, unless you don't like campfires.
Kenworth is offline   Reply With Quote