Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
jtoland80

Keystone Carbon

Newbie here....

I bought a 2015 Keystone Carbon 377 in July 2015. Took out for the first time and found a lot of little things wrong with it. Well I finally got a date to take into Camping World in October. I took it in for the repairs well about a month went by and we were going on vacation and we're taking the trailer. Long story short they didn't even complete repairs so they said come pick it up and bring it back when you get home. Well this is were it got interesting while in Oregon, the Ac started leaking very badly, had to go lower the front to stop the leaking. It was so bad we had to sleep on bed in garage of the trailer. Also while on the trip the shower leaked and wasn't just a little bit. Finally we get back to California, took it back to Camping World and it has been there since the first of December. They had to put a complete new roof on it. I get a call last week and they said the roof is all fixed but now one of the slides has an issue!!!!! Don't know when we will get it fixed....

I called Keystone customer support they said well when you get it back and you approve the work they would offer me a good faith payment? Has anyone received this or had any experience? I mean I have made 6 payments only to be able to use for two months.
jtoland80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
dcg9381

New RVs and warranty repairs go hand in hand. Although typically NOT for months and typically not for major stuff like a new roof.

In my experience, a warranty repair to the Carbon took at least 30 days in between approval, finding parts, shipping parts, and getting the RV back into the bay. That's 30 days with no other RVs in the queue. It's the off season right now, so most places aren't as busy as they will be very shortly...

Our roof came up also - there are other Carbons that have had this happen also. Not sure if yours was the same, but ours was not glued properly. You can search and find the issue. My repair came out OK, but some of the repairs tore up the OSB and turned out cosmetically pretty poor. I actually had contact with Keystone discussing this as the roof material manufactures either recommend or require (don't know which) new roof material. Keystone's take is that pulling up the OSB roof at the dealer causes more additional problems than it solves. Warranty excludes cosmetic issues on repair. After the repair, I'd recommend you get up there and take a look at the roof..

Largely, I reduced our time at the dealer by making many repairs myself, which often required that I brought or shipped parts to my dealer. The roof repair, I didn't do my self..

I've heard of "goodwill" payments, but have no experience with them.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote