Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
tribeal

intrest rates

hey guys new to the forum. Me and the wife are considering trading our 2009 outback 286fk for a 2015 montana 3791rd. Just wondering if anyone has purchased recently and can give me an idea of what the best interest rates are right now with what provider.
tribeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
carwheel_09

Check with Essex Credit, they are part of The Bank of the West. Current best rate 3.99% at 120 months. If you looking to buy in Katy, Tx run the other way. Just sayin.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #3
hemisareslow

we went through our credit union and got 2.24% for 72 months
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
14george

If you were or still in the Military check with the Navy Federal Credit Union
www.navyfcu.org
Old 02-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
jkohler70

I don't recall what our rate is, but we went through Costco, and the dealer couldn't come close to matching it through any of their lenders.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #6
carwheel_09

Going thou Costco would hook you up with Essex Credit. [emoji3]
Old 02-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
tribeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwheel_09 View Post
Check with Essex Credit, they are part of The Bank of the West. Current best rate 3.99% at 120 months. If you looking to buy in Katy, Tx run the other way. Just sayin.
why is that? The RV show in in town and I was going to see if i could get a good deal.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #8
carwheel_09

You may get a good deal but the Montana dealer in Katy is terrible for service. And after the sale your not as important. The dealership's service department is tied up doing PDI on all the new units they have sold. You will wait weeks and weeks to maybe get something fixed. Do a search on them, it's not only me. Another member here has also had a negative experience with the infamous dealer.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #9
tribeal

Quote:
You may get a good deal but the Montana dealer in Katy is terrible for service. And after the sale your not as important. The dealership's service department is tied up doing PDI on all the new units they have sold. You will wait weeks and weeks to maybe get something fixed. Do a search on them, it's not only me. Another member here has also had a negative experience with the infamous dealer.
would I be handcuffed to them? there is also a Holiday world in Willis and league city both of which are a little closer to my house.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
carwheel_09

This is what I would do. Line up your own financing first. That group is going to tell you the best they can do is 5.9%, B.S. They make money off of you by charging you a higher rate than you are approved for. Skip the paint & fabric protection, decline the extended warranty. Go to League City. Don't buy the unit displayed at the show. Don't pay them until ALL the concerns found on your PDI are fixed. Use the PDI from this site to do your inspection.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeal View Post
would I be handcuffed to them? there is also a Holiday world in Willis and league city both of which are a little closer to my house.
To find out if you'd be "handcuffed to them" call the Holiday World in Willis and in League City and tell them you have a trailer that you bought in Katy. Tell them you need warranty work done and see if they will schedule it. I'm guessing they will tell you that the earliest appointment will be in June or July.... If so, then you'll know just how tight the handcuffs are.....

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #12
tribeal

Quote:
This is what I would do. Line up your own financing first. That group is going to tell you the best they can do is 5.9%, B.S. They make money off of you by charging you a higher rate than you are approved for. Skip the paint & fabric protection, decline the extended warranty. Go to League City. Don't buy the unit displayed at the show. Don't pay them until ALL the concerns found on your PDI are fixed. Use the PDI from this site to do your inspection.
I assume PDI is pre delivery inspect?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #13
carwheel_09

Yes, their is a stickie on the site where you can download an excellent form to use.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #14
tribeal

Quote:
so just an update. We ended up really liking the 3711fl so we bought it. Sticker was 62,900 and they gave us $13000 for our trade in which was on our low end but beats me having to mess around with selling it. We went ahead and let Holiday world get our financing and they got us 3.99% and we can choose from 72-240 months. So all is good for now. I know there is still the chance I can have a bad experience with the service department but the sales rep told me that I can use any Holiday world center plus any priority dealership country wide. Carwheel if you complained after you experience it must have done some good because im satisfied to this point.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #15
carwheel_09

Sounds like you done good. I hope your experience goes smoothly.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #16
C130

I just got home form the new Holiday World in Willis, very nice place. They have a bunch of electrical and water hookups if you're coming in from out of town to get your new RV so you can stay the night I suppose. They drove us around the entire facility, I think they told me they had a 10 bay service department.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #17
tribeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
I just got home form the new Holiday World in Willis, very nice place. They have a bunch of electrical and water hookups if you're coming in from out of town to get your new RV so you can stay the night I suppose. They drove us around the entire facility, I think they told me they had a 10 bay service department.
Nice to know. We live in Splendora so we would probably use them for our service or upgrade needs.