Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #21
jimski

Portola1, can you please be more specific on who told you to "not wax" your gel coat tt? Was it the dealer or keystone? Was it just the fading front cap because wax might make it look worse or was it the entire TT?
jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portola1 View Post
In August Keystone redid my 2012 Outback end cap under warranty because of oxidation. Before the redo they told my not to use wax on the gel coat because it would make it worse.
Make it harder to repaint because they would have to do any extra step of stripping the wax off? On the phone the Keystone rep said I should be waxing the trailer at least twice a year. They were trying to pin my fading front cap on me not waxing it, which wasn't the case. I had heard stories about these caps fading, so I was determined to give mine extra care, but it looks like a battle that one is not able to win.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #23
Portola1

The dealer told me that they thought the wax would make the gel coat worse. I was thinking that it was like paint oxidation so I went to the dealer to purchase a wax they might recommend when they told me they thought waxing might aggrivate the gel coat deterioration.
Portola1 is offline   Reply With Quote