Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
ed cobos

Arizona

As we plan our summer trip through Arizona to New Mexico I was looking at taking the 260 from the 17 and then the 87 up to Winslow. Has anyone ventured on this byway? Pulling a 24 ft tt and in really no hurry, but don't want white knuckle driving. Thanks in advance for any response.
ed cobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed cobos View Post
As we plan our summer trip through Arizona to New Mexico I was looking at taking the 260 from the 17 and then the 87 up to Winslow. Has anyone ventured on this byway? Pulling a 24 ft tt and in really no hurry, but don't want white knuckle driving. Thanks in advance for any response.
Are you taking that route for a particular reason, or just looking for a route to I-40 into NM? I have never traveled that route as you list it, but I have traveled 87 from from I-10 to Payson, and then 260 to Snowflake, and then 77 to Holbrook. It has been many years since then, but I remember it being a pretty drive. It had a few climbs and descents, but the road was wide and well taken care of then. I was pulling motorcycle on a trailer, and don't remember any white knuckle moments. No switch-backs that I can recall. Hope this helps in some way. Safe travels.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote