Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
jimcam22

280RLS Access W/Slides in

We are looking at the floor plan of the 280RLS and was wondering if there is any access to the inside of the RV when the slides are in the travelling position. (IN)
We often use the refrigerator and/or bathroom when stopped on the road for lunch and was wondering about the 280RLS.
jimcam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

From the floor plan and with both slides in, it looks like the center island sink/counter might block off access to both the frig and bathroom area. There are some 280RLS members here who would have first-hand knowledge about that and hopefully they will see your post and give you a more accurate answer.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
jimcam22

Thanks for the reply.
That's what I thought looking at the floorplan. Our local dealers don't have any in stock so I cannot verify it.
jimcam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

It's really is not any problem putting the slide(s) out when stopped for any reason. I have been doing that for about 11 years. The slides can go part way if you are not going to sit it them. Just put out enough to get by, takes 20 seconds? put back and take off down the road. I would not pass on the trailer if all else works for you.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
airforceret

We have a 2013 280RLS and as a minimum you will likely need to open the kitchen slide some to gain access to the bathroom. It's a pretty tight squeeze to get past the slide to the steps.

With that said, we have always been opposed to slides because we too often stop and use the RV while on the road. However, it turned out to be pretty quick and easy to open and close the kitchen slide enough to make it useable while traveling.

The bedroom can be used without putting out the slide as long as you don't need to get into the wardrobe at the foot of the bed.

The couch/dinette slide we typically leave in while on the road which means we can't use the dinette. We can use the couch, but it can be a bit cramped because we have 2 recliners and you have to move one of them to put in the slide... so it sits in front of the couch between the counter and other recliner.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We loved the layout, so it was decided to deal with it while on the road. I'm sure over time we will adapt and/or change as needed those things that hinder us! LOL
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
04z71

i have a springdale that has a huge slide out and ya
you have to open the slide to access the bathroom. only times its an issue is when i have mine parked in my drive way on the side of my house and its snug up against the wall. so i cant open with out moving it. not really a big deal but something to think about
04z71 is offline   Reply With Quote