Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #1
DonP

Visible by Verizon

Good morning, all. If you are using Visible Wireless, please let me know what you think about it. I will be saving $50.00 per month by switching. Do you have connection issues? Can I use with my Winegrad 360+ if I get the gateway?

My main use (while camping) will be for streaming YouTube TV etc, other than the normal smartphone uses (talking, texting and web) that is. My quandary is cost vs reward. If I have enough bars (using my hotspot) to stream, why should I pay for a 3rd phone line to use the Winegard? I will need to purchase a Gateway $340 to $400 for the Osprey then paying an additional $30/month for a 3rd line. FYI, I have unlimited hotspot data.

Thanks All
Old 09-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
Good morning, all. If you are using Visible Wireless, please let me know what you think about it. I will be saving $50.00 per month by switching. Do you have connection issues? Can I use with my Winegrad 360+ if I get the gateway?

My main use (while camping) will be for streaming YouTube TV etc, other than the normal smartphone uses (talking, texting and web) that is. My quandary is cost vs reward. If I have enough bars (using my hotspot) to stream, why should I pay for a 3rd phone line to use the Winegard? I will need to purchase a Gateway $340 to $400 for the Osprey then paying an additional $30/month for a 3rd line. FYI, I have unlimited hotspot data.

Thanks All
Visible has my vote. Switched about 2 years ago and have had good success streaming Netflix and FuboTV. Generally speaking, as long as I have a couple bars of service I'm good to go. It will buffer intermittently on lesser connections, but overall we are pleased with it. At that cost, I'm not gonna complain too much.

I only use my iPhone as a hotspot and connect my Firestick to the hotspot. I believe if you want to use your gateway, you will need to connect to a router first. I'm sure others will chime in with more info.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Been using Visible for over a year and a half now with great success. There have been a few places where we encountered a "dead zone". But then, our AT&T phone service did not work either.

We just upgraded to the 5g service (like today) as the last couple places we've been had intermittent casheing problems on our Roku televisions.

Buy the way, Visible allows only 1 device to be connected at a time. If you attempt to connect a second device, it simply will not.

To get around this, you'll need to pick up a portable router. Only 1 device is connected to the actual phone, that's the router. Everything else is connected to the router's hot spot or WIFI, so multiple things can be running at the same time. And by the way, running multiple devices, like a Roku streaming television and working remotely on a Skype call on your company laptop works almost flawless too!

We have the GTE phone from Visible (It was the $79 version). It came with the SIM card. Since we are upgrading we'll be getting a new SIM card. We are not at home right now (camping in Kentucky at the moment), so it will be next week before we can try the new G5.

The router is a GL.iNet. It allows hook-up to 4g and 5g systems. Click here.

The nice thing is, you can take this anywhere! You are not confined to the limits of your camper only this way. Want to go on a picnic on the top of a mountain ... take the phone and the router with you! Presto! Instant internet.

Disclaimer: we have had a few incidents where we could not stream with our Roku television, yet we could stream when we used our lap top computers. It made no sense, unless there is something going on with the televisions that technology has already exceeded for that television.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #4
Hblick48

Replaced my home Comcast internet with Visible phone and teathered router. No problem streaming on my smart TV. When we take RV trip, phone and router travel in reg hooked up to 12 volt. Our hotspot travels with us. I did purchase cell phone booster in case of weak signals. This saved us $30/month. Two months ago I switched our cell phones from Verizon to Visible. Saved another $40/month (3 phones shared billing $30/mo each line).

Very happy with service. Really, can't tell the difference other than saving money.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Well I guess I'll sound like a broken record; we use Visible as well. Beats the heck out of everything we've tried. We also just upgraded to their 5G plan (sim card is still in the Fedex box on the table). I carry a TP-Link router in the RV to connect to my dedicated hotspot (Samsung A21) then connect our devices to the router. If a Verizon cell will work so will Visible since they both are Verizon. We watch Netflix and use my laptop and our smartphones with very little problem. We've had a few instances where the TV picture would pixelate but that is rare. During those moments my email etc. works fine. Upgrading as we did is supposed to eliminate some of that due to the way the Visible network was originally structured.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

We use Consumer Cellular; reason is AT&T towers more available in the areas we park. Prices are similar to Visible and we have unlimited data and can use a hotspot. I have a cell booster & router for streaming in my camper. Also have a wifi booster and both antennas are on the same 4' mast on our camper. There are times when free wifi works better than cell signals.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote