Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #1
Mike Honcho

Jensen TV Volume using DVD

We have a TV outside we hook a DVD player to. Need my Talladega nights, Pirates of the Caribbean, and some other classics when we camp. But sound volume is so low using a DVD. Regular TV has good volume. What setting will increase volume from the DVD input?
Mike Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Have never had an "outside" tv nor ever would but my question would be...what is "camping"? Out in the wilderness or in an improved campground? Watching movies, football etc. with an outside TV in a campground with folks all around you is frowned upon if you want the sound to be loud. Maybe it's a built in fail safe to protect others??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:56 PM   #3
RollaMo

Look on the remote that came with the DVD player.

Our DVD remote has a volume +/- button to increase or decrease the volume.
We had the same issue with the TV volume being turned up all the way but DVD movie volume was really low.

Turning up the volume on the DVD remote solved our issue.

May or may not help you, but worth mentioning.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:31 AM   #4
Mike Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Have never had an "outside" tv nor ever would but my question would be...what is "camping"? Out in the wilderness or in an improved campground? Watching movies, football etc. with an outside TV in a campground with folks all around you is frowned upon if you want the sound to be loud. Maybe it's a built in fail safe to protect others??
You do know that this is the toy hauler section, right? And you are aware toy haulers were first mostly used by off road MX and 4 wheeler guy, right??

And still a big portion are still used for that. We hear engines all day long. Not out for peace and quiet. None of us are really camping in these big boxes.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:34 AM   #5
Mike Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Look on the remote that came with the DVD player.

Our DVD remote has a volume +/- button to increase or decrease the volume.
We had the same issue with the TV volume being turned up all the way but DVD movie volume was really low.

Turning up the volume on the DVD remote solved our issue.

May or may not help you, but worth mentioning.
Thanks, I will check this. All I did was check the TV settings. Volume is fine for cable/air stations. But you can barely hear on the DVD or the Firestick. I think it has something to do with the audio input level not equaling output level. Going to call mfg today as well.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:54 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
You do know that this is the toy hauler section, right? And you are aware toy haulers were first mostly used by off road MX and 4 wheeler guy, right??

And still a big portion are still used for that. We hear engines all day long. Not out for peace and quiet. None of us are really camping in these big boxes.

Actually, I see lots of toy haulers in the parks I go to and none of them are out in the boonies running MX or 4 wheelers. Folks carry golf carts and road bikes of all kinds to ride all over the place - and not in the boonies. I've also seen folks with outside TVs blasting that are oblivious to others nearby and had to be reminded of where they were. I was just noting that in the event you were new or unaware.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 04:59 AM   #7
Mike Honcho

Okay, point taken. Not new or unaware. We do sometimes stay at an RV resort and don't blast TV or music. Haven't seen anyone else do that either. But, yeah there are some rude people out there.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:31 PM   #8
Mike Honcho

So Jensen says it's a TV issue and they will replace it even though over 1 year old. Guessing they have a known issue. Good on them for stepping up. Good stuff!
Old 04-19-2022, 06:28 PM   #9
Mike Honcho

Bought a new Vizio 40" and an HDMI DVD that handles apps like a smart TV. So no need for a Firestick (well, we'll see). At least now I can hear Ricky Bobby scream when he put's the knife in his leg!! LOLOLOL

Tags
jensen