Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #1
BeemerJoe

Residential fridge security

I have a new to me 2016 Keystone Fuzion 422. It has a residential refrigerator in it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how it is secured and how to get to the back of it, or even pull it out in case it needs servicing. Not having any issues with it, but just wanting to know how to do it in the event I need to. There is no outside panel to access it or anything like the propane/battery types. Anyone able to give me some insight on this? Thank you.
BeemerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:41 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Typically there are L brackets screwed into the side, too, or bottom and secured to the wall. Might be hidden by a piece of trim. I have seen some where it’s not secured at all. Had a customer trade in a Sierra, the fridge was dented in the front, said it happened when the fridge tipped over and landed against the island during his last trip.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
BeemerJoe

I figured that's the way it was secured.. didn't think of looking for trim work.. Will check it out.. Thank you.. I do believe mine is well secured, as there is no way I can move it, even when empty. I tried because I wanted to see where the plug was as it's the only thing connected to the inverter and was hoping to connect my TV to it. Don't understand why Keystone chose to only invert ONE plug in the whole Rig lol
Old 03-25-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
bsmith0404

The inverter is only there because of the residential fridge. Inverter size and wiring are all added costs. I think they just wanted to make sure the essential appliance was able to run on battery power and wanted to get the longest service time they could. It’s designed to run the fridge overnight while dry camping, that’s it.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #5
dutchmensport

Not knowing for sure what refrigerator you have in your camper, I did a Google search on your make and brand of camper and found some images of the refrigerator. I looks like it's a Samsung, identical to mine. But, it could be something different too.

Assuming it is a Samsung, here is how mine is mounted in my Montana.

Just an FYI, once you get it removed, take a moment and get an extension cord and plug it in to the outlet behind the refrigerator. Then plug the refrigerator into the extension cord and push the ends back where it's out of the way, but you can still reach it.

Most residential refrigerators do not have a true "off". There is NO off button. They are always on. You can shut the compressor off, but the light and electronics is still on. To truly turn these refrigerators off ... is to unplug them. It's the only way. Flipping breakers in your camper will probably kill power to other outlets. This is just an FYI if you ever want to truly turn the refrigerator "off" and still have every other outlet in the camper working... (for example ... winter storage).

Here's the photos. Hope this helps:

Old 03-25-2022, 09:27 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Another common way is screws through the bottom front frame. You’ll have to remove the grill to see them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #7
BeemerJoe

Yes.. I realize that, but I added 4 trojan 6vt batteries, so I have plenty of battery power for overnight plus some. So it would have been nice to put some of that 1000 watt inverter to use for some of the other stuff (like my tv) lol
Old 03-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #8
BeemerJoe

After reading your post, I went out and took a picture, and actualy found the brackets that hold it in.. Basically just like yours.. Also found that the plug is under my Oven behind the drawer. You might also be interested that the Samsung actualy does have an off and on switch. It took me a while but found it on google.."TO TURN OFF RV FRIDGE
For the residential Samsung 4 door fridge, to turn it OFF or ON, press and hold the POWER FREEZE AND FREEZER buttons down at the same time." And yep, it turns everything off including the lights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4389.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	38935  

Tags
fridge