Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2022, 03:47 AM   #1
RMC-318BR

318BR speakers

Has anyone swapped out the factory horrible speakers inside and out? My 2022 hideout 318BR has some super flat range speakers. Looking for recommendations?
RMC-318BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:37 AM   #2
Texas Steve

I had a pair of Sony 5.5" for another project, but ended up swaping out the interior speakers in the TT. They do sound a lot better than the OEM, but the radio is still lacking. I might change that out someday, but for now, it works pretty well.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:41 AM   #3
spicercars

Our last rig I switched the factory speakers out and I bought some Boss 3 ways on ebay. Wont break the bank and the sound was great.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:53 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC-318BR View Post
Has anyone swapped out the factory horrible speakers inside and out? My 2022 hideout 318BR has some super flat range speakers. Looking for recommendations?
I’ve installed fusion speakers on my sons boat, really sound nice and they are waterproof ..that would be good for the outside but you would probably want to upgrade the stereo or at least add an amp. The fusion Bluetooth head unit is nice also, you could add that as a standalone system just for music.

Crutchfield has a great website and can give you lots of options
Old 03-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Would also recommend Crutchfield. Good website and excellent phone support. Their CS team is very knowledgeable. Pretty much any brand past the $10 speakers is an upgrade but sound systems are dependent upon the weakest link. The OEM systems they install don't have a strong link. So upgradeing just the speakers is one step but those speakers will be limited by the small guage wire and the inadequacies of the radio.

Replacing the speakers with units that have large magnets and high wattage ratings for instance can actually sound worse as the rest of the system struggles to provide enough power. What's your expectation for the upgrade? What do you normally listen to? Are you mainly looking for improved sound for the television/DVD player, listening to rock music, country music, or talk radio? These are the type questions a Crutchfield advisor would ask. I know your looking for a simple answer but you're asking a question akin to "what's your favorite beer".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:44 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I'll be like a parrot and echo Crutchfield. You can look on their website or call them. I've used both Kenwood and JBL brand speakers to replace the OE speakers. When I turned on the system in this MHC I was immediately transported back to 1945 with the tinny, hollow, crappy sound of the Furrion equipment. Replaced the speakers with JBLs and much better although it was still limited by the Furrion receiver which still needs to be replaced - I just don't use it and disconnected it.

If you choose to replace the head, as I figure you will if you want better sound, be sure and pull it to see what's behind it. The last Jensen had a double DIN front and a full double DIN cutout behind it. This one (Furrion) had a double DIN front and a single DIN cutout behind it so you either had to get a unit with the same kind of component build or cutout the cabinet to a double DIN.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #7
Bustinbeards

I just added a Visio 2.0 sound bar with Bluetooth subwoofer. It has far surpassed the OEM sound system especially with movies or Bluetooth connectivity to your phone for music And for the 70$ I paid it was an easy plug and play solution with minimal work.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:00 AM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinbeards View Post
I just added a Visio 2.0 sound bar with Bluetooth subwoofer. It has far surpassed the OEM sound system especially with movies or Bluetooth connectivity to your phone for music And for the 70$ I paid it was an easy plug and play solution with minimal work.
I have one of those at home, I like the idea of the soundbar in the rv but worry about a subwoofer bothering my neighbors at the campground. I might get the sound bar without the sub
Old 03-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #9
RMC-318BR

Thanks will do
RMC-318BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Jasin I bought a Polk soundbar and sub which greatly improves the sound of the OEM system OR the system with the replacement JBL speakers. You can adjust the sub from wall rattling to off so it's not really a concern. Don't listen to loud music much anymore but I like my action, MDK (murder, death, kill) videos. If no one stays near me I will turn it up a bit while I cook. When soundbars came out I shunned them as a gimmick. I was shocked at the quality of the sound when I hooked this one up.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #11
travelin texans

From several bad experiences we've had I think they should outlaw outdoor speakers & tvs!
We also have a sound bar on the home TV that we had used in the rv before we sold it, what an improvement in sound quality.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:12 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Jasin I bought a Polk soundbar and sub which greatly improves the sound of the OEM system OR the system with the replacement JBL speakers. You can adjust the sub from wall rattling to off so it's not really a concern. Don't listen to loud music much anymore but I like my action, MDK (murder, death, kill) videos. If no one stays near me I will turn it up a bit while I cook. When soundbars came out I shunned them as a gimmick. I was shocked at the quality of the sound when I hooked this one up.
I have a visual of you watching a bloddy, killer movie with a huge knife in one hand and holding a big hunk of bloody beef brisket on a buther block with the other. Call me when the movies over, the knife is in the sink and dinners on the table.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speakers