Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
318br-owner

318BR Grey Tanks

Hello everyone, new to the forums, looks like a lot of great information here, hoping someone can help me understand the plumbing(grey tanks specifically) on my new 318BR. My wife and I bought this travel trailer last year and I'm somewhat confused by the grey tanks, tank 1 seems to fill up quite quickly, while tank 2 rarely even gets 1/3 full. All I can see underneath are the 2 tanks, no plumbing is visible except the outlet pipes. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the bathroom plus kitchen is plumbed into tank 1 while only the outdoor kitchen is into tank 2? If so this seems like a huge waste but what do I know? Thanks in advance for any help!
*Edit for signature*
Old 02-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It would benefit everyone greatly if you put the brand, model and year of your trailer in your signature. Folks can't really provide any accurate info without knowing the details.

Looking at your floorplan I would think the outside sink is plumbed into the bathroom gray tank. I'm sure your bathroom gray tank is filling first and the galley lags behind; same as every trailer I've ever owned. The shower can fill a tank quickly and with a 35 gal. tank it's gone fast unless you practice strict water management.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:42 PM   #3
318br-owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
It would benefit everyone greatly if you put the brand, model and year of your trailer in your signature. Folks can't really provide any accurate info without knowing the details.

Looking at your floorplan I would think the outside sink is plumbed into the bathroom gray tank. I'm sure your bathroom gray tank is filling first and the galley lags behind; same as every trailer I've ever owned. The shower can fill a tank quickly and with a 35 gal. tank it's gone fast unless you practice strict water management.
Noted, edited first post to reflect.

Also that's my confusion, the front tank, closest to galley and bathroom is the tank that fills, tank 1 for discussion purposes, tank 2 which is the rear most tank barely gets any water.

We just returned from a 3 night stay, at the time of departure I drained all tanks, tank 1 indicated full on the control panel, and appeared it while draining, whereas tank 2 indicated "empty" and had very little water in it when drained.

Upon further thought I'm wondering if the bathroom sink and outdoor sink are plumbed to tank 2 and shower and kitchen sink are plumbed to tank 1.

We used the shower 3 times, quick showers, also have a water saving showerhead, and did dishes 4 times. We didn't use the outside sink, but did brush teeth and wash hands a few times in the bathroom sink.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:33 AM   #4
travelin texans

If your looking at the tank level sensors just be aware that they are next to useless for providing any accurate information. They do have pretty red lights though!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank