Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
la13russell

Second Grey Water Valve

Hello All!
Just bought at 2019 Carbon 337 . After our 1st trip I noticed a second grey water valve behind the rear wheel on the driver's side. It was open.. which I found interesting because while draining the tanks upon leaving the campground and then winterizing I had both the front valves closed but then water continued to drain.

The specs for the RV say only one grey water tank .. could there in fact be two?
la13russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
TN Traveler

My Cougar has three pull valves:
One drains the toilet (Black Water)
One drains the kitchen sink (Grey Water)
One drains the shower and bathroom sink (Grey Water).

I'm thinking your RV is set up in a similar pattern.

It is relatively easy to identify which valve does what - right there in your yard. I'm assuming there is no waste in your Black Tank (toilet).
You'll need to put some water in the holding tanks and turn your pump on. Close all but one valve and turn each faucet on/off, one at a time, including your shower, until you see what is draining - then mark those valves so you know from now on just what they drain. Ditto for the toilet (again, assuming there is nothing there but water).
B&W Companion

TN Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I am virtually certain your new Carbon has 2 grey tanks - that is what the additional handle you found is for. As far as showing one tank....look at the gallons they list for the one tank; many, if not most, times it is double the amount of say, the black tank. They use 2 tanks then show the total gallons for some reason with one tank.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
Frederick

the valve behind the wheel is the kitchen sink drain probable
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
la13russell

Thanks! WE do have two sensors but the dealer said it was non-functioning. Which because it was open I never noticed. What an awful place to put the valve!!
Old 01-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
la13russell

thanks!!! NOw if you can just tell me an easy way to get to that valve!!
Old 01-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
bobbecky

Our galley tank drain pull is also behind the rear wheel, and while it can be reached with the rear slide closed, it is much easier to access with that slide extended. I have also heard some have installed a small access door in the skirting to be able reach a pull easier.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

I cut this access door into the J wrap (bottom aluminum fascia) on our trailer the day after I brought it home from the dealer. Yup, not even 24 hours old and cutting 8"x10" holes in the side... My DW "flipped" but I just smiled and kept cutting.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VALVE DOOR 1.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	20025   Click image for larger version

Name:	VALVE DOOR 2.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	20026  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
ken56

My Laredo is set up that way and I carry 3 10ft. pieces of sewer hose and a wye for the times I hook up both tank drain takeoff's. Last trip out I lost a tank valve handle so they do unscrew and fall off. Make sure yours are tight and put some thread locker on the connection.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Your Carbon very similar to mine, TN Traveler right on regarding tanks. my second Gray tank pull (galley) is at the end of the slide and easy to access,
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:35 AM   #11
goodellj

My second gray tank pull is on the trailer main I-beams, behind the wheels and under the big slideout! I bought a cheap 4-pronged long-handle cultivator to reach it and have been using it for 7 years!
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #12
Fuzion 369

We have a Fuzion 369 (I guess my username says that!) we have black and 2 greys. Kitchen grey is up against frame by rear tires under large slide as well. Some of these trailers come with washer/ dryer hook up as well and there’s another’ valve for that as well. No holding tank for it but just a valve so when you drain another tanks water won’t go back up that drain., I am assuming.
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #13
mj5150

We have the second gray water valve behind the driver side wheel too. We close the slide to get to it, but I still have to sit on my butt and slide up close to get enough proper leverage to close it.
I'm also unsure who thought that would be a good place to place a pull valve.
I'm at the point now where I'm ready to invest in the electric valves.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #14
RVFD20

I have a 2019 Carbon 364 and there is three tanks with valves and two sewer connections. The front sewer connection has three tanks feeding it, black, bathroom gray, and kitchen gray. All three valves are side by side behind the skirt of the trailer right near the sewer discharge connection. The rear sewer connection, under garage area, is for the washer prep in the garage and doesn’t have a valve or tank associated with it that I can tell. I figured this out when winterizing as we don’t have a washer. Poured antifreeze down the washer drain with cap off sewer connection and antifreeze poured right out. Hope this helps.
RVFD20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water