Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2022, 09:10 AM   #21
Sannhet

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what length self tapping screws did you use? Going to work on mine this weekend and want to buy the screws in advance.
Sannhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:10 PM   #22
Mykroft77

Curious about this also, I have the exact same Ramset ones I just removed on my Keystone Laredo. Getting them out was real easy but getting SS self-tapping screws in is a bear. The very first one I tried sheared the head off right away. That was a #8 screw. I ended up switching to some tougher ones with hex heads, they also shear right off when trying to put them into an existing hole that I removed the Ramset from.

Is there a better size self-tapping screw I should go for? I tried to make a new hole and it's damned hard on your arms and I was only able to get one to go through before I gave up.

Short of some magic advice I will probably switch to drilling pilot holes with a metal drill bit of some sort.
Mykroft77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #23
bobbecky

I had our entire front coroplast removed some years ago, and all the screws that were used were 1/4" X 1" TEK screws, so when putting the coroplast back up, that's what I used, along with stainless steel fender washers. Personally, I would not attempt to install a screw into one of the existing holes, just use the self drilling screws to make a new hole next to where the nail was removed. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Teks-1-4...1351/206024035
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:43 AM   #24
spicercars

Do not cut a hole unless it is the only way to get access. Always better if you can drop it to see what your looking for. Good luck.