Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
GoldenRetreat

Lightbulb TV Signal Booster?

Our no-crank Omni HDTV antenna doesn't quite fit the bill where our seasonal site is. Has anyone ever found a way to boost the signal?
GoldenRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
travelin texans

Most already have a booster hidden in a cabinet somewhere. Not familiar with your brand of antenna though.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
Bisjoe

Ours has a booster built in, with a button that you push (and green light) right on the panel where the TV connection is made. When on it makes a huge difference, though still limited range. We get nothing without it on, about 5 channels with it on and that's at home. I doubt it would get you anything with the tower beyond about 30-40 miles away. We installed a smart TV and use a wifi hotspot on the iPad air if the park doesn't offer wifi.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
TyeeMan

Presuming you mean the little flying saucer looking antenna that sits about a foot off the roof? I've read a number of posts on this forum about those, seems like a lot of folks don't care for them even using the booster.

My question is, has anyone used one those HD antennas that I've seen advertised, the ones you can supposedly pull in about as many channels as your cable?
TyeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Tinner12002

Yes I caught myself up in an ad for one called Clearview I think, it was about 10" sq and flat. It did ok but unless you lived in town then it really wasn't any better.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
TyeeMan

Thanks for that info on the Clearview. We use our trailer 90% of the time up north in the woods. So if I'm reading you right, the clearview probably wouldn't be much good in the woods.

Our Current Sunny Brook has the crank up rotatable Winegard. (sp) Our new to us this spring Premier will have the flying saucer antenna. From what I've read I'm not looking forward to it.
TyeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
cjturnbow

When we bought our 7th RV, 2018 Montana it has an Winegard Rayzar. Z1. It is semi fixed. You can turn it but not crank it up. About 8" off roof. When we first got it I hated it. Poor reception no matter which way I turned it. I have since checked all the connections inside and outside the RV. Some loose, some pulled off with two fingers, etc. Poor QC. I fixed all that and have since installed a Channel Master 3414 splitter/booster instead of the splitter that comes from factory. Great picture now. 3414 is a four way splitter. They have a 3412 which is a two way splitter. I have 3 TV's so I use the 3414 with good success. Works well for me.
cjturnbow is offline   Reply With Quote