Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
Sandfreak

Poor Lippert frame workmanship. Options?

My 2015 Fuzion 345 has broken welds in the king pin box area plus a bunch of shoddy welds that are also failing in the fifth weel frame area that causing the trim to pull away from the side of the trailer. My local keystone dealer said that any fix wont last and they recommend getting a lawyer to go after Keystone because its a crash hazzard.
What are my options? Was quoted $2000 to fix it from someone else but they said they will not stand up for it when it fails. Need some feedback from some seasoned keystone owners. I have called three days in a row and nicely left Keystone messages but no return call as of yet.
Sandfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

My guess, so take it for what it's worth, is that you need to contact the frame maker, not Keystone. Reason being Keystone put together the components on the frame. LCI (Lippert) built the frame and warrants it.
To follow up on advice given by John, JRTJH, the sooner you say the word Lawyer, the sooner they will stop trying to fix your problem. Instead they will allow the courts to figure it out which will take longer, be more expensive, and may end in you still having a mess. Working with them is the best way. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote