Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
jlarocca

Question Perplexed

I have a 2013 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 346LBQ and on a recent trip when we stopped for the night one of the closet doors in the front was broken and the paneling on the side of the cabinet where you would mount the washer and dryer was bowed out as if the unit flexed. I've looked for any signs of leaks but not seeing any sort of water damage. What would have caused he unit to flex like that here. Also has anyone had to replace a glass closet door? Did you go to an RV Dealer or just to a glass shop.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I would suspect frame Flex. Next time you hitch up, watch the bottom of the "overhang" where the pin box is. It shouldn't move much at all when you lower the trailer onto the hitch. Observe it as you drive down the road, some Flex is normal and I don't recall the accepted limit, but from what you describe it sounds like maybe a broken weld.

Also, seems like I remember an issue with some years of Lippert frames, might want to check if yours was included.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There were a couple of Lippert frame issues that have been reported in the forum. One was cracks in the driver's side front wall at the lower corners of the bed slide. This was caused by a weak metal frame that allowed flexing.

There also was a frame problem on some frames at the axle spring hangers.

You can look up all the Keystone recalls for the various trailer brands on Keystone's website at: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s...-notifications

You can use the search feature on the forum to search for threads and posts using key words and phrases such as: Frame flex, cracked frame welds, weak frame, pinbox flex, etc.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote