Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
GT2400BH

LED Ceiling Lights Intrrfere With TV Reception

Replaced the majority of my lights with these LED. It's strange they interfer with reception on my HD TV and will cause the TV to Pause like a DVR. It's strange. I put the original bulds back in problem solved. And reappeared after reinstalling the LED. It only the 3 Ceiling lights that is controlled with a switch on the control panel. The switch being on doesn't cause any problems until we turn on a light.
Any Thoughts ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	8749  
Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
B&T

Not unheard of, Google pulls up lots of hits of LED/Tv interference. It appears that those Leds are emitting (RFI) Radio Frequency Interference and I think your only solution is to return them to the seller and try a different brand.
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:57 AM   #3
archerr2002

I work in the garage door and opener industry. LED bulbs create havoc with a garage door openers reception. Really limits the range of the remote control. I can see this affecting the TV antenna also. Scrap the led's and use regular bulbs.
archerr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:13 AM   #4
buckeyebobhockingcamper

led

i have a 2014 montana hc fifthwheel and dealer went to smaller bedroom lights and i still loose some channels when operating tv in antenna mode!!just accepted it as fact,and live with it.
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:40 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

The LED's you installed have a voltage regulator built into the circuitry. They are listed as 12-28 VDC input voltage. In other threads, we've discussed potential radio and TV interference with any type of regulator assembly. You might want to try the "non-regulated" 12 VDC LED assemblies in those three light fixtures. My thought is that one of the fixtures is probably very close to the wiring for either the radio/TV power source or the radio antenna and/or the TV antenna coax. One of the LED's is probably producing an area of "flux" that's being intercepted by that wiring.

You might want to replace the LED's {one at a time) in those three fixtures until you locate the "interfering LED", and then only buy the number of "unregulated LED's" that you need. It will be less than 6 and probably only 1 or 2. That would minimize your "exchange costs" and allow you to continue to use the current LED's in most of your fixtures. Start by replacing the LED's in those three fixtures with glass bulbs, one at a time, until the interference stops, then go back and replace the glass bulbs with LED's until the interference starts again, that way you'll know which ONE of the LED's is causing the problem. Then only order unregulated LED assemblies for those fixtures.

Keep in mind that you may get some "flickering" and an "occasional LED outage" from one or two of the individual LED components on the 12 VDC assembly. That is caused by the converter producing greater than 12 volts. In the "bulk charge" mode, the converter output is 14.4 VDC.

Your problem is most likely being caused by only one or possibly two of the new LED's you've installed. I wouldn't go overboard by reverting to incandescent bulbs in all your fixtures, but replacing the few that do interfere with either glass bulbs or with "non regulating" LED's will solve your problem.

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote