Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
chrdur2745

2014 Mouataineer Electrical & other issues

We are out on our 4th camping trip and the light blew and nothing works in the 1/2 bath again, as well as the kitchen light below the cabinet that is hooked into the bathroom wall electrical. Also, several cabinet doors and drawers keep popping open during transit. The slideout cabinet drawer next to the stove needs an additional extender rail added. It is hanging from one extender at the top and it ruined the wood where the screw is and came out which left a large oval hole. When the slideout drawer broke and popped opened it put a large indentation in the peninsula which needs to be fixed. As well, the cabinet above the microwave came apart at the joint. That needs to be fixed too. The sofa in the living area storage drawer is not on the track or something because I opened it and I had a difficult time putting it back in. This happened at Rochester Camping World New York when they were giving us the walk through and the service tech supposedly fixed it but it is not working again.

When we went to turn on the outside lights nothing would work so I wiggled the fuse and it worked. I believe there is a problem with the fuse box itself as well. Every time we use our trailer there is a different problem along with the old problems which are not being corrected.

This trailer is nothing but trouble. This is our 4th trip out and the fourth time it needs to brought in for repairs which costs us time and money. These problems need to be taken care of once and for all. I would like to believe that we would purchase another Keystone product in the future as we believe they are one of the best campers out there. However, this is our 3rd Keystone product, 2 of which were purchased brand new from Camping World in the last 2 years, and we are very frustrated and upset with the issues of this $60,000 camper. I would like the recurring issues fixed once and for all. This trailer has been a nothing but a lemon since day one.

I contacted Keystone that documented these problems. I was told this is a Camping World issue not Keystone and for me to contact the dealer. I have been working with Camping World Syracuse, NY and they cannot figure the problem. These problems need to be corrected before this becomes a much bigger issue than it needs to be.

Problems since purchased middle of July 2013:

Bedspread came apart at seams -Replaced
Electrical problem in 1/2 bath -not fixed 4th time
Fuse box problem- not fixed
Drawers popping open- not fixed
Cabinets popping open- not fixed
Sofa storage drawer not on track or something - not fixed
Cabinet drawer next to stove - not fixed
Nails/staples through the entire carpeted floor not recessed- fixed by us

Has anyone had this electrical issue in the 1/2 bath please respond if you know what the problem is.
chrdur2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

A mountaineer really costs $60,000?
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Bubba777

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrdur2745 View Post
We are out on our 4th camping trip and the light blew and nothing works in the 1/2 bath again, as well as the kitchen light below the cabinet that is hooked into the bathroom wall electrical. Also, several cabinet doors and drawers keep popping open during transit. The slideout cabinet drawer next to the stove needs an additional extender rail added. It is hanging from one extender at the top and it ruined the wood where the screw is and came out which left a large oval hole. When the slideout drawer broke and popped opened it put a large indentation in the peninsula which needs to be fixed. As well, the cabinet above the microwave came apart at the joint. That needs to be fixed too. The sofa in the living area storage drawer is not on the track or something because I opened it and I had a difficult time putting it back in. This happened at Rochester Camping World New York when they were giving us the walk through and the service tech supposedly fixed it but it is not working again.

When we went to turn on the outside lights nothing would work so I wiggled the fuse and it worked. I believe there is a problem with the fuse box itself as well. Every time we use our trailer there is a different problem along with the old problems which are not being corrected.

This trailer is nothing but trouble. This is our 4th trip out and the fourth time it needs to brought in for repairs which costs us time and money. These problems need to be taken care of once and for all. I would like to believe that we would purchase another Keystone product in the future as we believe they are one of the best campers out there. However, this is our 3rd Keystone product, 2 of which were purchased brand new from Camping World in the last 2 years, and we are very frustrated and upset with the issues of this $60,000 camper. I would like the recurring issues fixed once and for all. This trailer has been a nothing but a lemon since day one.

I contacted Keystone that documented these problems. I was told this is a Camping World issue not Keystone and for me to contact the dealer. I have been working with Camping World Syracuse, NY and they cannot figure the problem. These problems need to be corrected before this becomes a much bigger issue than it needs to be.

Problems since purchased middle of July 2013:

Bedspread came apart at seams -Replaced
Electrical problem in 1/2 bath -not fixed 4th time
Fuse box problem- not fixed
Drawers popping open- not fixed
Cabinets popping open- not fixed
Sofa storage drawer not on track or something - not fixed
Cabinet drawer next to stove - not fixed
Nails/staples through the entire carpeted floor not recessed- fixed by us

Has anyone had this electrical issue in the 1/2 bath please respond if you know what the problem is.
If brought to repair for more than 4 times declared a lemon I get a lawyer
Bubba777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
therink

Hi. I am also from the Rochester NY area and also bought my last two brand new Keystone fivers from Camping World Rochester. As frustrating as your problems must be, they mostly sound like typical problems found in most new RVs. I had a list of around 12 issues I found during my PDI. I had most of them fixed before I took delivery. A few of the things such as loose cabinet doors/see drawers I found easier to fix myself. I have also encountered and fixed several promlems myself since then. These rvs are rolling rattle traps. Things are always going to come loose out of adjustment, etc as you roll down the road. As far as your electrical issues, it sounds like you have loose wire connection(s) somewhere. It appears that you need to consult directly with the service manager to ensure that the problem is correctly diagnosed and repaired. I have found that it helps to remain firm yet calm when expressing your service concerns to management. A few years ago I had a very bad service experience at CW Rochester, but I feel that since then, they have made some improvements in the service department management and competency level of the technicians. They have been very cooperative and accomodating in my recent warranty issues and performed the repairs well the first time and in timely manner (one of included a broken frame weld).
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

All the problems you seem to have repeat issues with are NOT Keystone problems, but are issues that apparently the CW dealership service department are not repairing, or are repairing in a manner that doesn't permanently "fix" the issue. I'd suggest talking with the service manager and/or the facility manager about his people not doing their job properly. You might also write the Camping World CEO, Marcus Lemonis at [email protected].

I don't think you can honestly blame Keystone for the inability of the service center at Camping World to repair your RV. Granted, it would be nice if every RV left the factory in 100% serviceable (and reliable) condition. But if they all were completley correct, there'd be no need for a warranty or for a warranty repair facility. Anything mechanical is subject to failure and Keystone has been consistent in authorizing repairs to their RV's during the warranty period.

In your situation, unfortunately, it seems that your dealer's service department has been unable to repair what's not right with your RV. The dealership has (or should have) the tools and parts for technicians with the proper experience to repair your RV the first time. It seems that in your case, the technicians aren't doing their job. Time for the "big cheeze" at CW, Syracyuse to get involved. Make some noise (in a nice way) so that he has no choice but to stand up and get his people motivated to take care of you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
therink

I forgot to mention: If you go to the rv.net forum, there is a Camping World Service sub forum that is monitored by Camping World Response Team. They will likely redirect your service concerns to the regional service manager.http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...s/forum/97.cfm

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote