Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #21
cabinfever

The only thing I would change on our TT is the outside shower. They put it on the curb side. I would think the street side, or even better, the rear.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #22
crash

I would put a side entry door into the garage ,we lost ours to the side patio kit but we love the side patio deck though(we have to us the main door to go in and out to the garage)
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
Family_5ers

Someone else already set the first part, but pull-out drawers under the dinette. I'd add that we'd love pull-out under storage.
Current 5er: 2013 Laredo 335TG
Past 5er: 2001 Innsbruk 27FRKD

Family_5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
ctpd814

The only thing that is not a easy fix is a good place for my satellite receiver. The way the entertainment wall is set up there is no place to put it. The easy fixes are heat registers with dampers and a battery cut off switch to fully disconnect the battery.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #25
psdpower350

For us we would have preferred a bigger awning. Ours starts/ends at the front door. You still get wet trying to get in if its raining. Plus the steps get soaked.

BUT most important is the dinette. For eating its ok but for watching tv! It is the most PITA ever!

Other than that, I love it.
2008 Honda Foreman 500 4X4
2006 Honda Rubicon 650 4X4
1999 Honda Recon 250
psdpower350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
RaptyJon

I've only stayed in my raptor for two days without a lot of time actually in it, but I did seem to notice that there's no wall switch for the lights in the main living area. There's in the cargo area, bathroom and master bedroom area, but not in the main living area? Seems pretty silly to me...the ceilings are like 10 foot tall and I'm not even 6 foot...I need a step stool to be able to turn the lights on on the ceiling. Another thing is I'm still unsure of how many my trailer sleeps - it makes sense for 2 on the master queen bed, and 2 on the queen bunk in the cargo area and one on the dining area couch, so I count 5, but have read 6-8 on websites describing the 27FS which I'm not sure how unless you're including room on the floor for air mattresses or something.
RaptyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
KanTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptyJon View Post
... I'm still unsure of how many my trailer sleeps - it makes sense for 2 on the master queen bed, and 2 on the queen bunk in the cargo area and one on the dining area couch, so I count 5, but have read 6-8 on websites describing the 27FS which I'm not sure how unless you're including room on the floor for air mattresses or something.
RaptyJon,
Main queen bed sleeps 2; sofa/dinette coverts to sleep 2; rear electric beds sleep 2 each (= 4 w/ dual beds). Total 6 to 8

Hope that helps.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
Essness

RaptyJon, congrats on your new Raptor.
I'm also vertically challenged, there is a switch for your living area lights on the control panel. We set the lights we wanted on as a general rule and then just use the switch on the panel.

Some of the 27fs' have a couple benchs and a queen bed in the garage. So, I can reasonably see it sleeping 6 to 7 people and one on the floor if you are so inclined.
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
I've only stayed in my raptor for two days without a lot of time actually in it, but I did seem to notice that there's no wall switch for the lights in the main living area. There's in the cargo area, bathroom and master bedroom area, but not in the main living area? Seems pretty silly to me...the ceilings are like 10 foot tall and I'm not even 6 foot...I need a step stool to be able to turn the lights on on the ceiling. Another thing is I'm still unsure of how many my trailer sleeps - it makes sense for 2 on the master queen bed, and 2 on the queen bunk in the cargo area and one on the dining area couch, so I count 5, but have read 6-8 on websites describing the 27FS which I'm not sure how unless you're including room on the floor for air mattresses or something.
My trailer sleeps TWO. Only TWO.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #30
Essness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
My trailer sleeps TWO. Only TWO.
Ours too, or two, I mean, as well
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #31
rayjoanlough

Mista Festus I have the same/year rig as you but my "complaintis the short queen mattress and the crowded walk around the storage cabinet on the driver side and the crowded stepdown on the passenger side at the sink vanity. How did you solve this or did you?
rayjoanlough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
RaptyJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essness View Post
RaptyJon, congrats on your new Raptor.
I'm also vertically challenged, there is a switch for your living area lights on the control panel. We set the lights we wanted on as a general rule and then just use the switch on the panel.

Some of the 27fs' have a couple benchs and a queen bed in the garage. So, I can reasonably see it sleeping 6 to 7 people and one on the floor if you are so inclined.
Thanks! It looks like we have the same trailer so it's nice to have something in common. I was starting to wonder if there was a switch on the control panel that controlled those lights and I somehow missed it - I'll be sure to check next time I'm near it. Mine only has the single queen bed in the garage. It is semi-irrelevant since it's primarily only me and my girlfriend and we know where we're sleeping but still trying to figure out all the sleeping areas should we have friends join us.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #33
RaptyJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
RaptyJon,
Main queen bed sleeps 2; sofa/dinette coverts to sleep 2; rear electric beds sleep 2 each (= 4 w/ dual beds). Total 6 to 8

Hope that helps.
Hi, thanks for the response. When you mean the sofa/dinette converts to two, what do you mean exactly? Underneath the sofa/cushions is only storage space - the long part of the sofa that is parallel with the dining table seems it could handle an adult but then small part of the L only seems to be reasonable for maybe a small child, if that - if there's a way to configure it for two legitimately I'm not aware of it I guess. Thanks for any insight!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #34
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjoanlough View Post
Mista Festus I have the same/year rig as you but my "complaintis the short queen mattress and the crowded walk around the storage cabinet on the driver side and the crowded stepdown on the passenger side at the sink vanity. How did you solve this or did you?
Ray --

Our short queen mattress was replaced by a better quality but still short mattress and nothing has been done to make the area around the bed and storage area any less crowded. Again, the area around the steps and sink vanity remains unchanged.

I don't see any way of enlarging these two areas to create more walk around space. In order to do so, you (or we) would have to decrease the size of the clothes cabinet, the vanity and the shower.

We have pretty much accepted the fact that is the way it is going to be and hope that we remain slim enough to make our way around bedroom area without bumping into one another.

In summary, we haven't solved this problem and are not about to.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #35
Essness

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the response. When you mean the sofa/dinette converts to two, what do you mean exactly? Underneath the sofa/cushions is only storage space - the long part of the sofa that is parallel with the dining table seems it could handle an adult but then small part of the L only seems to be reasonable for maybe a small child, if that - if there's a way to configure it for two legitimately I'm not aware of it I guess. Thanks for any insight!
We dont have a convertible dinette. Some of the original designs for the 27fs did show an air matress but that was scrapped prior to production.
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #36
KanTC

Quote:
.......if there's a way to configure it for two legitimately I'm not aware of it I guess. Thanks for any insight!
Quote:
We dont have a convertible dinette. Some of the original designs for the 27fs did show an air matress but that was scrapped prior to production.
Ooops, RaptyJon, guess I spoke too soon - sorry about that!
Scot, thank you for the input/correction. Good to know.

We have the same arrangements as many others on the forum: Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2!!

KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #37
Essness

Quote:
Thanks! It looks like we have the same trailer so it's nice to have something in common. I was starting to wonder if there was a switch on the control panel that controlled those lights and I somehow missed it - I'll be sure to check next time I'm near it. Mine only has the single queen bed in the garage. It is semi-irrelevant since it's primarily only me and my girlfriend and we know where we're sleeping but still trying to figure out all the sleeping areas should we have friends join us.
We also both pull with a 1/2 ton. I saw your post on RVnet/open roads/woodalls. We both have pretty tall tires. So, a little sway is something we have to remain aware of. That said, once I got my pro series hitch dialed in and tightened up my sway bars, it handles really well. I actually have 2 different settings, one with no toy, and one with the toy loaded. Since the toy adds about 1000 lbs behind the back axel.

Quote:
Scot, thank you for the input/correction. Good to know.

We have the same arrangements as many others on the forum: Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2!!

We'll have as many as we can fit for drinks and if someone wants to cook, we'll let them hangout. But they all need to leave immediately after desert
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #38
RaptyJon

Quote:
We also both pull with a 1/2 ton. I saw your post on RVnet/open roads/woodalls. We both have pretty tall tires. So, a little sway is something we have to remain aware of. That said, once I got my pro series hitch dialed in and tightened up my sway bars, it handles really well. I actually have 2 different settings, one with no toy, and one with the toy loaded. Since the toy adds about 1000 lbs behind the back axel.

My girlfriend said she registered over there so she must have posted something. Yeah my truck has the 20" wheels and I just replaced the stock 275/55/20 scorpions with 285/55/20 Hankook Dynapros. When I first picked up the trailer I drove it 70 miles on the stock tires and they were WAY too squishy - they were only Standard tires vs the E rated I put on....the truck doesn't ride as nice but have better peace of mind at least. I have the EAZ-Lift WDH and sway controller - when I left the dealership they had only hooked up the bars/chain to the very first link - there was tension on the chain but the bars hung awfully low and not nearly close to parallel with the tongue/trailer so I'm assuming if I raise up the tongue jack after it's on the ball that it should provide enough slack to maybe get it on the 2nd or 3rd chain link and that should tighten up those bars. I'm also thinking my sway control bar wasn't tightened enough - the dealer said I don't want it tight but I was probably leaving it too lose to even be effective. I'm hoping some tweaks with the hitch should tighten things up with the trailer to where I don't feel the sway I was having before. Being these are my first experiences towing anything, it's hard to know whether the sway is something that's going to be normal or something that's a result of an incorrect setup - it's having me question whether my truck is the right thing to be pulling this trailer but reading these forums has provided some good information and I'm thinking the truck will be fine as long as the setup is correct.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #39
RaptyJon

Quote:

No worries, I appreciate you trying to help! Unfortunately the dealer didn't have multiple 27FS trailers on the lot so I didn't get to compare the one I bought against any other trailers of the same model that may have had different features. Overall I'm happy with my decision to buy this trailer but realize it's only my first and likely not my last.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #40
Essness

Quote:
My girlfriend said she registered over there so she must have posted something. Yeah my truck has the 20" wheels and I just replaced the stock 275/55/20 scorpions with 285/55/20 Hankook Dynapros. When I first picked up the trailer I drove it 70 miles on the stock tires and they were WAY too squishy - they were only Standard tires vs the E rated I put on....the truck doesn't ride as nice but have better peace of mind at least. I have the EAZ-Lift WDH and sway controller - when I left the dealership they had only hooked up the bars/chain to the very first link - there was tension on the chain but the bars hung awfully low and not nearly close to parallel with the tongue/trailer so I'm assuming if I raise up the tongue jack after it's on the ball that it should provide enough slack to maybe get it on the 2nd or 3rd chain link and that should tighten up those bars. I'm also thinking my sway control bar wasn't tightened enough - the dealer said I don't want it tight but I was probably leaving it too lose to even be effective. I'm hoping some tweaks with the hitch should tighten things up with the trailer to where I don't feel the sway I was having before. Being these are my first experiences towing anything, it's hard to know whether the sway is something that's going to be normal or something that's a result of an incorrect setup - it's having me question whether my truck is the right thing to be pulling this trailer but reading these forums has provided some good information and I'm thinking the truck will be fine as long as the setup is correct.
Btw, I did add bags to my truck. More for towing my sled trailer than the camper. They do seem to firm up the rear a little when towing the camper.
2016 Polaris RZR S900