Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
concours

Needed upgrades

Today I decided to add L brackets to the bedroom slide out and am I pleased I did, the 4 screws had not pulled out but were very loose so I added 3 L brackets to each side and 2 additional casters to the end of the bed. Then I got carried away and balanced the wheels added Nitrogen and set up the Tire minder. For those of you that don't think that balancing trailer tires is not needed get this, the best tire was out by 2.5 ounces which would give a noticeable shake to your TV and the worst 10.75 ounces (after match mounting the tire to the rim) I can just imagine how much fizz that puts into the beer. Thanks to the members for pointing out the bedroom slide problem
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
Today I decided to add L brackets to the bedroom slide out and am I pleased I did, the 4 screws had not pulled out but were very loose so I added 3 L brackets to each side and 2 additional casters to the end of the bed. Then I got carried away and balanced the wheels added Nitrogen and set up the Tire minder. For those of you that don't think that balancing trailer tires is not needed get this, the best tire was out by 2.5 ounces which would give a noticeable shake to your TV and the worst 10.75 ounces (after match mounting the tire to the rim) I can just imagine how much fizz that puts into the beer. Thanks to the members for pointing out the bedroom slide problem
10 oz of weight on one tire?? I would be looking at a new tire IMHO
Old 05-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
The bed comming loose from the bedroom slide was a problem we had with our 2011 cougar 327 and I did the same thing, also I balance all trailer tires and rigs with Equal self balancing power, works great. Glad us forum members could help you out, that's what this forum is all about, communicating and helping others .....
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Roller4Tan

Were those "E" rated tires? Hope the wheels can stand the pressure without cracking...
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
elkhorn98

Are all trailer wheels lug centric? Did you balance them on the lugs or on the center hole?
elkhorn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Mighty Ming

I had no clue that any tire company/installer wound ever mount any tire without balancing them. Of course unless the customer demanded not to balance them. However I am guilty....as I mounted my wheelbarrow tire without balancing... Oops my bicycle tires as well. Still not understanding this post/thread as it relates to the tire balancing. If I misunderstood the thread .... You have my apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
concours

The wheel was not the problem as I spun up the wheel without the tire and it was perfectly balanced without any weight, the 10 ounce imbalance was all in the tire, my plan is to upgrade them at the 1st sign of a problem, I'm sure that Keystone will not replace the tire because it needed lots of weight to balance it
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote